As an ACVIM Diplomate, you're part of a group of dedicated veterinary specialists who seek the best in continuing education, play a key role in setting standards for the highest quality internal medicine education and provide expertise through volunteerism.
Access to Information
- Access to the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (JVIM).
The Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine is an online, open access format. Journal articles from 1997 through the current issue are now available for free.
Active Diplomates and candidates receive a significant subsidized rate of $584 to publish an article in the JVIM. The full non-member rate is $2,000 the ACVIM covers the remaining $1,416 for our members. In order to qualify for the member rate, at least one author on the submitted manuscript must be an active ACVIM Diplomate or candidate.
- Access to ACVIM360 with specialty communities and listservs, plus Special Interest Groups (SIG) communities with discussions on specific topics.
- Keep up with current ACVIM news with the online News Room and get industry news by subscribing to the weekly NewsFlash.
- Enjoy a 25% discount and free shipping on CRC Press Books when you order online.
- Advance notice and special registration rates for the ACVIM Forum.
- Participation in the Specialty Symposium at the ACVIM Forum, with access to exclusive Diplomate-only education, specialty business meetings and networking functions.
- Complimentary access to the ACVIM Forum online proceedings.
- Advanced Continuing Education courses open only to ACVIM Diplomates and candidates, designed to address your specialty.
Volunteer and Leadership Opportunities
- Serve on committees that develop exams and credential processes for candidates.
- Opportunities to supervise residents in the ACVIM training programs.
- Leadership opportunities to hone your personal and professional skills while shaping the future of the ACVIM and advancement of specialty medicine.
Complete an online interest survey to apply.
Guidance and Policy Making
- Voting privileges within the ACVIM and respective boarded specialty in order to guide governance of the college
- All specialist demographics have representation at Board of Regents level.
- The ACVIM provides quality assurance for residency programs through the Residency Training Oversight Task Force.
- Representation by a Professional Liaison who serves to protect the rights of ACVIM Diplomates and upholds proper use of credentials.
- Per AVMA and ABVS published guidelines, specialists can identify themselves multiple ways. View approved ACVIM Diplomate Approved Terminology.
- 10% discount on online ACVIM Job Bank postings.
- Free resume evaluation on the ACVIM Job Board.