Large Animal Candidate Boot Camp
Sunday, October 17, 2021
9am - 1pm
400 Bizzell St
The course will provide ACVIM Large Animal residents advanced training in equine respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, endocrine and metabolic disease and ophthalmology.
This training program is designed to support the training that residents receive at their institutions by providing an intensive experience with experts in these fields.
- Equine Respiratory Disorders
- Equine Cardiovascular Disorders
- Equine Endocrine and Metabolic System Disorders
- Equine Ophthalmology
- Business Skills: Contract Negotiation and Career Panel
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Obtain and interpret basic images of an echocardiogram.
- Interpret electrocardiograms of the most common arrhythmias of horses.
- Diagnose and treat murmurs, valvular heart disease, and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Perform and interpret advanced and commonly used diagnostic procedures for respiratory disease of the horse.
- Perform specific therapeutic procedures for management of equine respiratory diseases.
- Perform and interpret an advanced and thorough examination of the equine eye.
- Perform and interpret diagnostic procedures and manage horses with equine PPID and equine metabolic syndrome.
- Demonstrate career employability skills such as analyzing employment contracts and developing negotiation skills.
Why should a resident attend this course?
- Opportunity to network with other residents.
- High ratio of labs to lecture hours.
- Intensive learning experience with experts in the field.