Resident Endoscopy & Laparoscopy Boot Camp
Friday, October 22, 2021
8am - 5:30pm
Join us for ACVIM’s five-day intensive resident training course in endoscopy and laparoscopy. Content will be delivered by experts in the field with an emphasis on experiential learning in over 20 hours of instructional laboratories.
Days 1 and 2 will focus on GI endoscopy diagnostic and interventional techniques to include general evaluation, treatment of esophageal strictures, foreign body removal and PEG tube placement. Days 3 and 4 focus on urogenital and respiratory tract endoscopic diagnostic and interventional techniques to include basic examination, sampling techniques, sinus trephination and urethral bulking procedures. Day 5 will conclude with an overview of diagnostic laparoscopy and organ biopsy procedures.
This course also provides attendees ample opportunity to meet with course instructors and other residents during social events including a welcome reception and group dinners.
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to perform:
- Upper and lower GI endoscopy
- Rhinoscopy, laryngoscopy and bronchoscopy
- Select interventional techniques
- Laparoscopy with organ biopsies
Why should a resident attend this course?
- Gain proficiency in GI endoscopy, cystoscopy, respiratory endoscopy, and diagnostic laparoscopy.
- Understand when specific endoscopic procedures are incorporated in clinical case management.
- Acquire new techniques or “tricks of the trade” that can be employed in their clinical practice.