Veterinary Cardiologist at MissionVet in San Antonio, Texas
Are you in search of a hospital where you can not only practice world-class medicine but also be a part of a team that genuinely cares about each other and gives back to the community? MissionVet Specialty & Emergency is currently seeking a board-certified cardiologist, or residency trained veterinarian pursuing board certification in cardiology. There is a robust cardiology caseload in San Antonio and there is no full-time cardiologist. We are therefore ready to welcome a full-time practitioner and take the lead in providing world-class cardiac care. You will be supported by a highly skilled and engaged staff that genuinely cares about each other and their patients.
Our multidisciplinary hospital was created in 2012 by partners of Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston and local partners Tige Witsberger (Surgeon) and Jocelyn Cooper (Neurologist/Neurosurgeon) to provide high-level patient care, unparalleled communication and community outreach.
If you would like to be a part of a leading-edge practice that supports your talent and the importance of a work/life balance, know that at MissionVet, we can offer you that and much more!
- Ability to select ECG and echocardiography equipment
- Opportunity to work with specialists in a variety of disciplines including surgery, neurology, dermatology, oncology, internal medicine and emergency and critical care.
- Access to in-house SmartSound digital x-rays, 16 slice helical CT, 1.5T MRI, OEC 9600 C-Arm, and other state-of-the-art equipment
- 24/7 care for hospitalized patients provided by dedicated emergency veterinarians
- Ability to collaborate with surgeons experienced in PDA ligation and pacemaker placement
- We are expanding our hospital to over 10,000 sq. ft. including additional OR space to accommodate our rapid growth
The 7th largest city in the United States and the 2nd largest city in the state of Texas, San Antonio is a city of culture and pride that has recently been awarded the following accolades:
- Ranked No. 1 on Travel + Leisure’s “America’s Friendliest Cities 2016” list
- Ranked No. 12 on Travel + Leisure’s “Best Cities in the U.S.”
- Labeled “the Best City in Texas” by Forbes in its October 2016 online edition
The opportunity at MissionVet provides the successful applicant the ability to lead the development of the department and the practice with guidance from a seasoned management team that has successfully built new practices in major cities across Texas.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, CE allowance, and 401k employer matching. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing practice with strong leadership and support. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate exceptional teamwork and communication skills and the desire to build strong relationships with referring veterinarians. Please direct all inquiries to Allison Cawley, Veterinary Recruiter, at email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Please visit our website www.mission.vet for more information about our practice.
NVA Compassion-First is a community of more than 80 specialty and emergency hospitals across North America driven by the spirit of collaboration and focused on empowering the advancement of veterinary medicine at the local hospital level. NVA Compassion-First is the trusted partner of hospital teams who are looking for more—more resources to advance their medicine, a greater sense of belonging, and increased opportunities to care for their patients, clients, and people. Learn more at NVACompassionFirst.com