If you are looking to be part of a growing team, to be a leader in your hospital and to contribute your ideas for the future development of the hospital, then Veterinary Specialists of Connecticut in West Hartford, CT has the opportunities for you!
We are currently seeking a board-certified or residency trained Internist to join our rapidly growing, general medicine, 24-hour emergency, and specialty hospital team. We are a multi-disciplinary center supported by specialists in Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine and Critical Care along with emergency, general practice veterinarians, and two Canine Rehabilitation Practitioners/Certified Physical Therapists. Our Rehabilitation Service provides underwater treadmill and adjunctive therapies including acupuncture and laser therapy.
Our in-house MRI technologist runs our GE Signa Horizon LX 1.5 T high field MRI and is supported by telemedicine as well as by our in-house specialists and over 50 paraprofessional team members. Additional amenities include in-house laboratory, color-doppler ultrasound, GI endoscopy and bronchoscopy, digital radiology, video otoscopy, and anesthesia ventilator.
Our hospital is located in West Hartford, Connecticut, a flourishing suburb just outside Connecticut’s capital. Praised as one of the top ten “coolest” suburbs in the nation by Travelandleisure.com, West Hartford is a short two hours from Boston, New York City, the Berkshires, Vermont ski slopes and coastal Rhode Island and is home to renowned restaurants, great shopping districts, and numerous parks and higher education facilities.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, organized, friendly, and confident professional who leads by example and has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with our hospital team, clients and referring veterinarians.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Internist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly