VCA Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center, one of the largest private specialty referral practices in Northern California, is seeking a board certified or residency trained Neurologist to join our team.
VCA SVRC opened in 2007 in a newly built, custom-designed 23,000 square foot building. In 2012 the hospital grew by 4,000 square feet with the addition of a linear accelerator vault. The facility includes 15 exam rooms, 6 surgical suites with an additional ER surgical room, a 64 slice Toshiba CT with automatic injector and a 1.5 Tesla MRI. The hospital is equipped with complete endoscopic, laparoscopic and thorascopic instrumentation, multiple ultrasounds including a color flow Doppler, O2 cages, two digital radiology suites and a C-arm. In addition to the complete in-house lab which includes Abaxis CBC, PT/PTT and chemistry machines, Heska EPOC, I-stat and a colloid osmometer. An Antech lab is within a 10 minute driving distance.
VCA SVRC has a full complement of experienced, well trained and compassionate staff of full time RVTs and Assistants. The new Neurologist will have access to an existing referral base committed to these services. The successful candidate will participate in community outreach in a supportive structure but this is not a situation where the service needs to be built from scratch. With over 450 hospitals that actively refer cases and continuously come through the door, building a loyal following will not pose a problem for the right candidate.
The hospital has boarded specialists in the following disciplines: Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Radiology, Surgery, Neurology, Medical & Radiation Oncology, and Emergency/Critical Care. The relationship between the individual doctors and the various services is collegial. Rounds are conducted every morning with all the doctors to discuss hospitalized case with our intern class as a learning opportunity. This type of collaborative medicine is somewhat rare outside of a university setting and makes for a rich and rewarding environment. It optimizes patient care while ensuring continuous learning. Since opening in 2007, VCA SVRC has had a strong internship program with many advancing to residencies. Teaching, mentoring and participating in the interns’ professional development would be expected from any candidate.
Sacramento is a wonderful city with lots of options based on lifestyle. It has an ideal year round climate with incredible outdoor opportunities including hiking, mountain biking, water sports, skiing, wine tasting, and camping. It is only an hour and a half drive from San Francisco, Lake Tahoe or Napa Valley with all their accompanying activities. It is also a large metropolitan city with a small town feel. There are many world-class restaurants, fun outdoor cafes, and art theaters to visit in Sacramento. How many places in the world can you have access to both the beach and mountains in less than a 2-hour drive?
Here is your opportunity to work in a well-respected and established hospital with a large and loyal referral base and to spend your time in a beautiful facility with multiple specialties. It is a great place to work with incredible people and in a city with a very high quality of life.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a collaborative network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Ali Lagasse, Senior Specialty Recruiter, at email@example.com or 860-815-7623.