Specialty Medical Director
VCA Capital Area Veterinary Emergency and Specialty an AAHA-accredited, 24-hour emergency and specialty referral practice in beautiful Concord, New Hampshire is looking for an experienced Medical Director to lead our team!
We're looking for someone who exudes leadership! We are looking for board certified or practice limited to candidates. We look forward to hearing from you!
Concord, NH is the capital city of New Hampshire and is within 1 hour of the ocean and mountains yet only 1 hour to Boston, MA. Known for its beautiful fall foliage and change of seasons, there are plenty of activities year round to look forward to during your time off. Concord was rated as “most livable city” in 2012 by Boston Magazine, and is an ideal place to raise a family. We have a moderate caseload affording a good quality of life and offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
In addition to our Emergency Clinicians, we have specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Radiology consultations via telemedicine, have access to outpatient ultrasound and offer I-131 therapy. Our beautiful, new, 14,000 sq. ft. facility is fully equipped with: continuous EKG monitoring, Doppler BP, ultrasound (Logic 5), endoscopy (gastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, rhinoscopy, and cystoscopy), laparoscopy, and digital radiography.
The Medical Director (MD) under direction of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. A MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Specialty Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly