VCA Veterinary Emergency Service / Veterinary Specialty Center, the largest private Emergency and Specialty hospital group in the Madison, Wisconsin area, is looking for a full time residency trained or board certified Cardiologist to join our team.
As a Cardiologist at VES/VSC, you would work alongside our nine board certified specialists and 15+ ER veterinarians. Our specialties include Anesthesia, Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Oncology, divided between our two Madison-area offices (Middleton and Madison). We are a teaching facility, with a class of four rotating interns, so mentoring is part of our culture. We encourage and support clinical research.
With the largest ER caseload in the region, our hospitals identify many cases which require cardiology consultations, and our referral base includes Madison, Middleton, Janesville, and Rockford. VES/VSC hosts monthly CE dinner events for our referring veterinarians. We strongly believe in ongoing community involvement and outreach, and regularly support local charitable events.
The Madison area is home to a diverse, highly educated population of approximately half a million, with a local airport, relatively low cost housing and cost of living, yet incredible variety of cultural experiences including food, sports, theater, and music. The area boasts excellent schools and frequently ranks top in the country in terms of health, happiness, and overall quality of life. Milwaukee and Chicago are a two-hour drive for international getaways and there are daily direct flights from Madison Airport to Chicago, Minneapolis, NYC, Washington DC, Detroit, Las Vegas, Denver, and Atlanta.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
• Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
• 401k retirement savings plan with company match
• Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
• Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
• Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
• WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
• Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
• Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
• Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
• 100% paid professional liability coverage
• 100% paid life insurance
• 100% paid short-term disability insurance?
• Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Ali Lagasse, Senior Specialty Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-815-7623.
Apply for Cardiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly