Small Animal Internist at Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital
Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking for a board certified or board eligible Internal Medicine Specialist to join our well-established referral hospital in the Boston metropolitan area.
Our 36,000-square foot hospital, located 11 miles north of Boston, is home to one of the premier level 1 emergency and specialty centers in New England. The internal medicine service is a high-volume, dynamic department with a collaborative team made up of six internal medicine doctors. We are looking for an additional full-time internal medicine specialist to add to our exceptional group of doctors who work together to support the other services of the hospital as well as outside referrals seven days a week.
Our doctors are supported by an amazing group of technicians, well- trained client care coordinators and a supportive management team. In addition to Internal Medicine, we offer specialty care in Cardiology, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgery, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Anesthesia, Nutrition, Integrative Medicine and Critical Care. The hospital is well supported by five board certified critical care specialists. We offer house officer training programs in emergency and critical care, surgery, neurology and diagnostics imaging. Additionally, our busy emergency department consists of internship-trained veterinarians, who along with critical care residents and emergency specialty interns provide high quality care 24-hours per day. The hospital is supported by a complete on-site diagnostic laboratory with a full-time clinical pathologist and an on-site compounding pharmacy. Lastly, the hospital employs a social worker who assists both staff and clients on a full-time basis.
The internal medicine department has a variety of endoscopes to allow for a full complement of endoscopy:
- Olympus GIF-160 Video Gastroscope
- Olympus GIF-130 Video Gastroscopy
- Olympus GIF-N180 Videoscope
- Olympus Video Flexible Ureteroscope
- Olympus Pediatric Video Colonoscope
- Storz Rigid 27035 BA 17Fr (5.7 mm)
- Storz Rigid 7219 BA 2.7 mm
- Surgical Direct 819-30 Rigid 1.9 mm
A fluoroscopy unit OEC 9800 is on site and the internal medicine service participates in a variety of interventional radiology procedures including:
- Tracheal, urethral, nasopharyngeal stenting
- Esophageal balloon dilation and Balloon-esophagostomy tube placement
- Ectopic ureter laser ablation
- DiodeVet laser on site
- Assistance with surgery for placement of subcutaneous ureteral by-pass system
- Transvenous Coil embolization of intra-hepatic shunts
We offer hemodialysis and plasmapheresis - the equipment to support these treatments include:
- Baxter Gambro Phoenix system for hemodialysis
- Baxter Prismaflex system for plasmapheresis and CCRT
The hospital is supported by comprehensive surgical facilities as well as a dedicated ICU department. We are a well-equipped facility that includes:
- 5 tesla Philips MRI
- 64 slice Toshiba CT scanner
- Two digital radiography suites
- Three ultrasound machines- GE E95, Phillips affinity, Phillips Epiq
- One point of care ultrasound machine- Piloter Vet
- Mechanical ventilation
- Phillips ECG
Our success in providing a remarkable work environment resides in our people. Mass Vet has a culture that strives for excellence, is optimistic, forward-thinking, and supportive. Our staff enjoy an excellent working environment, competitive compensation, continuous learning, and professional growth opportunities at all levels.
New England is a great place to live with the culture of the city of Boston as well as the proximity to the mountains and the ocean.
Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital and Ethos Veterinary Health:
Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital is part of the Ethos Veterinary Health network of hospitals, providing our clinicians the opportunity to be part of a larger network of hospitals, but still maintain our distinctive identity. The focus of Ethos is on advancing veterinary medicine, along with providing high quality, compassionate care, which improves the lives of patients and their human companions. Our advancements center around three main areas:
- Transformative Science: We focus on driving initiatives that change the biology of disease, resulting in new diagnostics, novel therapies and improved treatments.
- Knowledge: We know we are only as good as our teams, so we are committed to continuous learning and growth, ensuring all team members have a path to reaching their fullest potential.
- Collaboration: Throughout Ethos we focus on capturing bright spots and sharing that knowledge across our organization. We believe a collaborative approach leads to better outcomes for our patients and more professionally fulfilled medical teams
Interested candidates can submit their CV to Jill Taylor, at Jtaylor@ethosvet.com