VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists, Oregon’s largest specialty hospital and a fixture of the Portland veterinary community, is seeking a residency trained or board certified Neurologist to join our team.
For 21 years, the goal of VCA NWVS has been to provide exceptional patient care while creating a supportive work environment for its doctors and staff. Because of that goal, the hospital is proud of the reputation it has in the veterinary community for a collaborative culture with a strong sense of teamwork. Area vets often say that they refer to VCA NWVS because they have almost everything under one roof (or in this case, multiple roofs!)
The hospital was built in 1999 as a 10,000 square foot facility but it quickly grew out of that building and 9 years later added a 5,000 square foot expansion. In 2008, a 5,000 square foot imaging center and admin building was added. In 2015, additional specialty services were added into a third 7,000 square foot building. In 2020, a fourth building of 3,000 square feet was opened to be the home of the radiation oncology service.
What started off as a small specialty center has grown into a large campus with four buildings housing eight specialties, including 24-hour Emergency. The people and resources of VCA NWVS are able to provide pets and clients with the most comprehensive veterinary care in the Portland-Vancouver metro region.
The 30,000 square foot space currently houses 20 exam rooms, 5 surgical suites, a 1.5 Tesla MRI, 64 slice CT, C-arm, Radiation Therapy, a dedicated oncology suite and specialized equipment and facilities including, but not limited to, an on-site blood bank, mechanical ventilatory support, telemetry and towers for all types of scoping.
A sense of community and an active participation in the neighborhood are important components of VCA NWVS core beliefs. The City of Portland and it's surrounding neighborhoods offer a wide variety of cultural and culinary adventures. If getting away from the city is more for you, it is a short drive to mountain hikes, ocean visits and river kayaking. It is a pet-lover's paradise.
Please keep in mind that the hospital has a strong Internship program and would expect any candidate to have an interest in helping new doctors develop skills and to be an active participant in the interns' professional growth.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance?
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Ali Lagasse, Senior Specialty Recruiter, at email@example.com or 860-815-7623.
Apply for Neurologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly