Internist - Come live in one of the best places in the world and help grow our hospital
Come join us to live in one of the best places in the world while contributing to growing our referral centre…
‘One of the best places in the world to live?!’ we hear you say! – the ‘lifestyle’ bit!:
British Columbia is renowned for its stunning scenery and unparalleled outdoor pursuits – come join us so you have all this and more in your backyard…
Tri Lake is located in Lake Country, two hours’ drive from the US border and a few hours’ drive to Vancouver which has been voted one of the best cities in the world.
Lake Country is situated between three stunning lakes surrounded by beautiful mountains providing waterfront living and watersports at their best. Lake Country is in the heart of the Okanagan Valley home to Lake Okanagan, a 100mile long lake. The Okanagan is consistently voted one of the best places to live in Canada. The Okanagan Valley has a rare combination of long, warm summers (35C/95F+) along with relatively mild winters; this affords an unusual combination of local world-class wineries (yes, really! – Canada does wine and does it well!) alongside two world-class ski resorts within one hour’s drive! All this in addition to the stunning scenery and boundless opportunities for outdoor pursuits for which British Columbia is so well known!
The work bit!:
Tri Lake has been serving the Okanagan Valley and beyond for over 35 years and houses expanding specialty services including surgery, rehabilitation and dermatology along with a bustling general practice. Our caseload is rapidly rising thanks to referrals from throughout BC and a sustained increase in population within our referral area.
We have an opportunity for a board-certified internal medicine specialist or board-eligible internal medicine clinician (ACVIM or ECVIM) to join our team – join us to make our internal medicine service whatever you want it to be with proven potential for rapid and sustained growth!
More about the lifestyle!:
Lake Country is 20 minutes north of Kelowna which is a vibrant city and provides rich options including mainstream and boutique shops, boundless coffee shops, abundant nightlife, various entertainment venues and a large variety of eateries.
Kelowna International Airport is less than a 10 minute drive from Lake Country and has direct flights throughout North America, Central America and further afield such as Hawaii and the Caribbean; transatlantic flights are due to become available in the near future…
Kelowna is variously known as “where Canadians go for their holiday” and “Kelownifornia” – come and find out why…
Once you move to the Okanagan, you’ll never want to leave!
All of the above is evidenced by Kelowna being the fastest growing city in BC!
Our clinic is a 16 500 sq ft purpose-built building with eight exam rooms, four ORs, and specific areas dedicated to each specialty including internal medicine.
Our facility is equipped with:
- In-house 64-slice CT scanner and state-of-the-art Phillips Affinity 7 ultrasound machine with seven probe array.
- Well-equipped in-house lab well supported by three external laboratories within BC.
- Storz endoscopy tower with gastroscope, bronchoscope, multiple rigid scopes and otoscope.
Board-certified Specialists in surgery, rehabilitation and dermatology.
Tri Lake is currently actively recruiting for:
- Diagnostic imaging Specialist.
- Emergency care veterinarians including ECC Specialists to staff our clinic 24/7 for emergencies and inpatient care.
The other stuff:
At the core of VCA Canada are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. When you join our team, VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures designed specifically around you.
- Signing bonus.
- Moving allowance.
- Proven tailored support to Specialists to equip services exactly as requested.
- Continuing education benefits.
- Professional dues, ACVIM/ECVIM, CVBC and VIN membership.
- Exceptional career development.
- Health benefits including medical/dental, life and disability for eligible employees.
- Generous personal pet care discounts.
- Network of highly educated and skilled professionals.
- Immigration support for internationally-trained professionals.
- When COVID permits, an expenses-paid visit for you to meet us and us to meet you but in the meantime, we will have to settle for a virtual ‘visit’!
- …and more!
Interested in learning more? Please connect with Monica Stiller, Hospital Manager (Monica.Stiller@vca.com) or Dr. Christopher Jordan DECVS (Christopher.Jordan@vca.com). Informal inquiries are welcomed.
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
Apply for Internist - Come live in one of the best places in the world and help grow our hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly