Veterinary Internal Medicine Locum - VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency + Referral Hospital
VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency + Referral Hospital is currently seeking a Board-Certified Small Animal Internist or Residency Trained veterinarian as a locum to join our specialty health care team in our internal medicine department. We are looking for an engaged, patient and client centered clinician, who enjoys working with colleagues in a highly collaborative environment. You would help support our growing emergency service as well as colleagues in anesthesia, avian & exotics, dentistry, dermatology, rehabilitation medicine and surgery.
A few key attributes and responsibilities include:
- Board Certified Small Animal Internist or residency trained and eligible to sit for board examination
- Previous experience and clinical competency in preforming ultrasound examinations is highly desirable
- Broad medical interests, comfort in managing a wide variety of medical cases
- Excellent diagnostic and clinical skills
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A passion for coaching, mentoring and supporting staff and colleagues
- Desire to contribute to practice development
- And a genuine desire to enjoy your daily work
- June 2021 through 9 months, though we’d be open to extending or modifying this for the appropriate individual
- 3-4 days preferred, though open to other schedules
Hospital Overview & Location
The 404 Veterinary Emergency + Referral Hospital in Newmarket Ontario is a multidisciplinary 24-hour emergency and referral specialty hospital. Our hospital operates out of a 10,000 square foot facility with an accompanying 2,200 square foot satellite office, situated immediately across our parking lot. We have a full complement of on-site diagnostic and medical support equipment that includes: digital radiology and a Toshiba Aquilion 64 Slice CT, with a full time radiology technician, a dedicated medicine ultrasound machine (Esaote MyLab 40), and a full complement of video endoscopes including: 2 GI endoscopes (gastroscope and colonoscope), 2 brand new Storz bronchoscopes (canine and feline), as well as rigid and flexible cystoscopes. We have a dedicated fume hood, the PhaSeal system, and a fully trained staff to support oncological services.
Newmarket is a vibrant community surrounded by countryside just north of Toronto with ready access to numerous cultural activities and metropolitan amenities but also with quick access to lakes and rural living. The Greater Toronto Area is known for its vibrant multiculturalism with activities that appeal to all passions; trendy cuisine, theatre, live music, summer festivals and outdoor pursuits such as biking, hiking, boating, riding and so much more! There are several popular vacation regions including Algonquin Park and Muskoka cottage country where lakes, rivers and wild spaces provide even the most ardent adventurer with plenty to explore all year round.
For more information on who we are, please visit us online at https://vcacanada.com/404emerg
Interested Locums may forward resumes or contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What VCA Canada Offers
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence.
VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures designed for you
- Signing bonus
- Moving allowance and immigration support if required
- Quality equipment to support our medical teams
- Continuing education benefits & career development support
- Benefits including medical/dental, life and disability for eligible employees
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- Professional dues
- A network of highly educated and skilled colleagues
- And more!
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know; email@example.com .
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we pride ourselves on “Caring for Life Greatest Companions” and we live these values through all we do. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrate this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com .
To apply or enquire about hours/schedule, please contact:
- Scott Wallace, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Craig Mosley, Veterinarian: email@example.com