Criticalist/Internist/Experienced ER Vet - A unique opportunity to create your own role!
VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency + Referral Hospital is currently seeking a Board-Certified or Residency trained Small Animal Criticalist, Internist or very experienced Emergency Veterinarian to support our hospital and develop our core services. The ideal candidate would be an experienced clinician looking to participate in the growth and reimagining of a multidisciplinary collaborative service, central to the hospital. This service would provide medical oversight of hospitalized patients, help co-ordinate care, provide mentorship, training, all the while building a caseload based on your interests and expertise. We are open to considering candidates from many backgrounds and specialties though those with training/experience in ER, ECC, Internal Medicine or Surgery are favoured. Our preferred candidate should be focused on providing quality medical care and client service with a desire to create and build a core hospital service team. Our goal is to provide truly collaborative care in a supportive and collegial work environment, where our size and workflow facilitate cross-unit interaction. We see this position as being a keystone role, critical to the success of our hospital and can grow and develop based on your interests and expertise. Bring your ideas and your imagination.
A few key attributes and responsibilities include:
- Board Certification/residency trained Criticalist or Internist or experienced ER veterinarian
- Broad emergency, critical care and medical interests, comfort in managing a wide variety of medical cases
- Excellent diagnostic and clinical skills
- Overseeing ICU/patient care and guidelines
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- A passion for coaching, mentoring and supporting staff and colleagues
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Desire to contribute to practice development
- And a genuine desire to enjoy your daily work
Hospital Overview and Location:
We are a 12,200 square foot facility operating from a main building (10,000 sq. ft.) and a satellite facility (2,200 sq. ft.) located across the parking lot. We have 3 fully equipped surgical suites including 2 Forcetriad energy units and all the equipment required for minimally invasive surgery. We have a 64 slice CT, and two ultrasound machines (one used by Medicine and the other ER and Anesthesia). We have a spacious (intensive) care unit with multiple options for care levels and separation both within, and outside of this area. We currently have the following services to support our hospital; Anesthesia, Avian and Exotics, Dermatology, Dentistry, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Rehabilitation and Surgery.
Newmarket is a vibrant community surrounded by countryside just north of Toronto with ready access to numerous cultural activities and metropolitan amenities but with ready access to lakes and rural living. The Greater Toronto Area is known for its vibrant multiculturalism with activities that appeal to all passions; trendy cuisine, theatre, live music, summer festivals and outdoor pursuits such as biking, hiking, boating, riding and so much more! There are several popular vacation regions including Algonquin Park and Muskoka cottage country where lakes, rivers and wild spaces provide even the most ardent adventurer with plenty to explore all year round.
For more information on who we are, please visit us online at https://vcacanada.com/404emerg
VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures designed for you
- Signing bonus
- Moving allowance and immigration support if required
- Quality equipment to support our medical teams
- Continuing education benefits & career development support
- Benefits including medical/dental, life and disability for eligible employees
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- Professional dues
- A network of highly educated and skilled colleagues
- And more!
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we pride ourselves on “Caring for Life Greatest Companions” and we live these values through all we do. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrate this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com.
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know; email@example.com.
To apply or enquire more about this truly unique opportunity, please contact:
Scott Wallace, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Craig Mosley, Veterinarian: email@example.com
Apply for Criticalist/Internist/Experienced ER Vet - A unique opportunity to create your own role!
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly