Small Animal Internist
7 days left
- Organization Type
- Private Practice
Veterinary Specialty Center’s Internist
A Recipe for YOUR Career
1515 Busch Parkway, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 www.vetspecialty.com
1 c. Verified Level I Veterinary Trauma Center 4 Criticalists
1 c. Incredible Technicians and Support Team 1 c. Endoscopy
3 Fellow Internists 1 tbsp. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
1 tsp. Certified B Corp 2 Radiologists
1 ½ tsp. Hemodialysis 3 Tesla MRI
1 tsp. Plasmapheresis 64 slice CT
1 Licensed Clinical Counselor 1 Clinical Pathologist
Add cardiology, neurology, medical and radiation oncology, surgery, anesthesiology and pain management, dermatology, behavior, rehab and integrative medicine to taste.
1. Gather these AMAZING ingredients from PEOPLE at Veterinary Specialty Center. These ingredients can only be obtained by everyone bringing their “A” game each day when we assist our clients, patients and our coworkers. It is also about passionately pursuing our best performance and truly enjoying what we do.
2. Start by WORKING to mix these ingredients TOGETHER, ensure it is done in a collaborative environment. This is best accomplished with our “patient centered care” as exemplified during morning rounds when all specialists and emergency doctors discuss every hospitalized patient. All ingredients will be readily available for you in the event you need help making your dough. Part of working these ingredients together is assuming the best intentions of others and fostering harmony on our team.
3. You will then be CREATING an OPPORTUNITY by kneading the dough for yourself. Throughout the hospital, assistants, coordinators, technicians and doctors take the extra steps to move into more challenging roles. We want you to rise to the occasion.
4. Bake USING COMMON SENSE. At VSC we encourage everyone on our team to think and act like owners and we strive to deal sensibly and realistically with our patients, clients and coworkers instead of taking the easy way out. We find that excellence and perfection are not the same thing and that accepting feedback and asking more questions brings us all to a higher level. That often means thinking through a few extra steps when you’re helping someone out and always standing by our core values.
5. Allow to cool WHILE you are GIVING BACK. Veterinary Specialty Center is about so much more than treating cats and dogs. We are deeply rooted in our community and giving back is a huge part of who we are. In fact, VSC is the first veterinary hospital in the United States to become a Certified B Corp due to our commitment to our employees, community and environment. We also encourage volunteerism by paying employees for 1 hour of volunteer work for every 2 hours that they volunteer. VSC hosts monthly potluck fundraisers, provides free surgical services for dogs and cats through our Shelter Animal Surgical Service (SASS), sponsors charity events that are near and dear to our staff’s hearts, provides highway cleanup, an Angel Fund internally that helps raise funds for pets in need and much, much more!
6. Decorate WITH LOVE. We show love by being patient and having self-control while being kind and showing encouragement and enthusiasm. We are trusting and place confidence in our team. We are honest and encouraging while being dedicated to our values.
For more information on this recipe or to see if you would be a perfect ingredient, please visit www.vetspecialty.com and contact Jayme Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.459.7535.
- residency trained in internal medicine, board certification preferred but not required
- enthusiastic about mentoring our support staff, externs, interns and residents
- collaborate with all doctors and attend grand rounds
- serve as a resource for our incredible referral community
Apply for Small Animal Internist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly