Oncology Associate Veterinarian in Virginia
7 days left
- Organization Type
- Private Practice
The Oncology Service (TOS) has a unique opportunity for an Associate Veterinarian interested in Oncology to join our practice in Springfield, Virginia!
The role of the Oncology Associate Veterinarian (OAV) is to partner with our board-certified Oncologists providing continuity of care for existing oncology patients and their owners. The OAV is a valued, key care provider throughout patient treatment, follow-up and partnership with the referring Veterinarian.
We are looking for a veterinarian with at least 2 years of general practice or emergency experience, or a specialty internship graduate.
The Oncology Service in Springfield is equipped with new Heska Element blood analyzers capable of providing CBC, chemistry, ionized calcium, electrolyte, and blood gas results in less than 15 minutes, a 16-slice Toshiba CT scanner, and a Varian linear accelerator. We are one of the few veterinary oncology facilities to utilize Scopio, an advanced slide scanning device with capability to submit slides to a pathologist and receive results in as little as 30 minutes.
This opportunity would provide support, collaboration, and mentorship from the medical oncologists in our practices, Drs. Angharad Waite, Christina Manley, and Kathleen Tidd as well as radiation oncologist Drs. Ira Gordon and Pamela White.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- At least 2 years of general practice or emergency experience, or a specialty internship graduate.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of Virginia.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, diplomatic attitude.
- Provide client and patient care in close collaboration with our board-certified medical and radiation oncologists.
- Learn our chemotherapy protocols, management, and safety so that you can oversee the ongoing treatment of patients.
- Oversee anesthesia for patients undergoing diagnostic imaging/radiation therapy with the support of licensed veterinary technicians.
- Establish a good rapport with referring veterinarians, including timely professional and respectful communication; assistance in their professional growth and education through recommendations and interaction on referred and shared cases; ongoing development of a positive and professional working relationship; participation in Continuing Education involving the referral community.
- Assist in the development and training of the Technician, Assistant, and Client Care teams to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
TOS rewards its team members with a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and desirable work schedule.
Interested applicants should be highly motivated to provide the highest quality patient and client care in an environment that prizes collaboration and innovation.
For inquiries please contact: Jill Taylor, Jtaylor@ethosvet.com
Apply for Oncology Associate Veterinarian in Virginia
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly