Specialty Medical Director
VCA Veterinary Specialists of the Valley a well-established, specialty referral center with 24-hour emergency service is looking for an experienced specialist to lead our team as Specialty Medical Director. VCA VSV has specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Critical Care, Oncology, Neurology, Cardiology and is recognized as an ACVECC trauma center in addition to a VECCS certified facility and an AAHA accredited hospital.
Our state-of-the-art, 10,000 sq. ft. facility features all of the latest diagnostic equipment on-site: full interventional radiology with a brand new GE fluoroscopy C-arm, Stortz ureteroscope, and SUB and stenting capabilities. Complete Synthes locking plate system, Biomedtrix BFX total hip system, Storz laparoscopy and arthroscopy, CT, 1.5 Tesla high definition MRI, digital ultrasound, a wide array of GI, nasal, and bronchial endoscopes including video-flexible and rigid, telemetry, digital radiography and a complete in-house laboratory, including viscoelastic coagulation testing. We have highly-trained and talented technical staff including registered veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants and doctor’s assistants.
The Medical Director (MD) under direction of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. An MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director.
We’re located in the heart of L.A.’s San Fernando Valley/Santa Monica Mountains, just 15 minutes to Malibu beaches and the Santa Monica Mountain Recreation Area, and a short drive to all the excitement that Los Angeles has to offer. Woodland Hills also has award winning schools which makes it perfect for families.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Specialty Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly