Critical Care Specialist
1 day left
- Organization Type
- Private Practice
VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Centre is a companion animal specialty and emergency centre located in beautiful Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We have had a specialty presence in Edmonton since 2007 which has allowed us to establish a trusted and busy emergency and critical care caseload. Our hospital includes robust surgery, internal medicine, and critical care departments, including 2 VTS ECC. We are excited to add anesthesiology in the summer of 2021. Since opening our doors, we have built a strong relationship with our large referral community, serving Northern Alberta, Northern BC, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
What sets us apart from other clinics is our hospital culture. The specialists that founded the hospital 10 years ago continue to play an integral role. Our doctors are highly collaborative, working as a strong team to provide exceptional care. The current specialty team continues to grow, building a strong foundation of trust and support. We have an energetic and experienced emergency team that works closely with our criticalist and other specialists. Guardian is proud to recruit highly skilled, dedicated, and motivated Registered Veterinary Technologists to work alongside our specialists, allowing them the ability to focus on their medicine. We value mentorship and foster an environment that creates a safe place to teach, learn, and ask.
Our facility is a well-equipped, state of the art, 20,000 square foot hospital including 24-hour staffing, newly updated CT, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, endoscopy, arthroscopy, and a critical care ventilator. We are excited to be expanding this year to include 8000 square feet of additional facilities, including a dedicated ICU, extra exam and procedure rooms, and installation of an MRI. We also have an onsite digital cytology analyzer, resulting in very quick turnaround times for clinical pathology reports.
- Edmonton offers the largest area of urban parkland in Canada with over 7300 hectares that expands both sides of our beautiful North Saskatchewan River to take full advantage of our great outdoors.
- Edmonton hosts several festivals each year, including our world renowned Folk Fest, Fringe Festival, Symphony under the Sky, Ice on Whyte Festival.
- We are a short drive away from the majestic Rocky Mountains, home to Jasper and Banff National Parks which boast world-class vistas with ample hiking, camping, rafting and world class skiing
- With our new stadium, Rogers Place, we have quickly become a top destination for many of the most sought after entertainment acts and is home to our NHL team the Edmonton Oilers.
- Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, and our city is growing rapidly, with a current metro population of over 1.3 million. The University of Alberta is home to over 40,000 students and boasts the most 3M National Teaching Fellows in Canada.
What We Offer:
- We have made a commitment to support a positive work life balance.
- Our doctors and support staff are dedicated to our core values of Respect, Compassion, and a Progressive environment.
- We offer competitive compensation with an industry leading benefits package, including health and dental insurance, uniform allowance, professional dues, and continuing education allowance.
- As a member of VCA Canada, we enjoy the benefits of numerous career growth and leadership opportunities as well as extensive networking and collaborations with other specialists across Canada.
- A proactive and on-site management team that includes emergency and specialty doctors. This allows us to foster our own hospital culture by implementing procedures, protocols, and equipment that are important to our local team.
Apply for Critical Care Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly