VCA Animal Care Center of Sonoma County is looking for a residency trained or board certified Neurologist to join our 24-hour Emergency and Specialty Hospital in Rohnert Park, California.
VCA ACC began as an emergency practice and grew into a well-respected emergency and specialty referral center, moving into our existing 18,000 sq. ft. facility 16 years ago. A former movie multiplex was completely remodeled to accommodate our large specialty practice with 15 exam rooms, 4 surgical suites and plenty of room to grow. Today, we are a team of 21 doctors, 55 technicians (20 of them registered) who pride ourselves on our collaborative approach to patient care representing Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Cardiology, Dentistry and Rehabilitation. Equipment and technology use includes 1.5T MRI, on-site 16 slice CT, endoscopy and laparoscopy equipment, GE Vivid E95 cardiac ultrasound machine with a 4D TEE probe, Philips touch 6 lead ECG machine, abdominal ultrasound machine, 3 oxygen cage banks, a fully equipped cardiac catheterization suite including a GE OEC 9800 fluoroscope, ECG telemetry, underwater treadmill, laser therapy, non-invasive surgical scoping equipment, and other state-of-the-art equipment. This equipment is essential, but useless without a good team. We strive for a cohesive and collegial relationship with one another and with our valued referring veterinary partners.
There is a plaque at our hospital that says: “Committed to excellence and exemplary care of pets and their human companions”. That is the central theme and fundamental belief of everyone who works here and permeates everything we do.
As far as the surrounding area of Sonoma, you would be hard pressed to find a more beautiful region of the country. With vast green vineyards, redwoods, regional state parks with beautiful hiking and biking trails Sonoma is an outdoorsman/woman’s dream. It is just a short drive to swim or surf in the ocean, ski in Tahoe, bike or hike in the mountains, or enjoy all the virtues the San Francisco Bay Area offers. The area is world renown for delicious food and wine, fresh air, great weather and beautiful landscape. It really is like no other location!
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, organized, friendly, and confident professional who leads by example and has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with our hospital team, clients and referring veterinarians.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance?
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Ali Lagasse, Senior Specialty Recruiter, at email@example.com or 860-815-7623.