Time for a change? Practice cardiology your way.
Live your best life as a cardiologist. Live and work where and how you want to.
CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets has grown by welcoming wonderful people and opening locations where they want to live. We are excited to continue to bring our people-centered practice to new areas.
Our single specialty model allows for you to practice in exactly the way you want to- whether it involves practicing interventional procedures, helping train interns and residents, participating in research, working part time- the possibilities are endless to craft your position to be exactly what you want it to be. We have the flexibility to meet your needs over time as they change.
CVCA provides an excellent work environment for cardiologists and support staff. We put our people first. Be successful at work, have fun, and maintain an outstanding quality of life.
What our team members say:
“I love working with a colleague on a regular basis. Having a group of cardiologists to discuss cases with is an enormous benefit of working for CVCA.”
“I feel respected by all my coworkers and our administrative team. CVCA treats their employees with respect and makes everyone feel important.”
“I am happy to be part of a team where every member's voice is heard, where we take time to evaluate how we can improve our company and offices through regular meetings, and where we do our best to maintain a positive attitude throughout the day. “
"From a resident's standpoint, I like that with all our doctors involved, I have such a wealth of knowledge and experience available, which creates a diverse learning environment. Having a mentor is good for consistency, but also experiencing the different styles and opinions of the other doctors really helps with the process as a whole, and has helped me to be incredibly successful."
Check us out!
Our large single specialty model means we can provide the best support to you as a clinician and as an individual. This is how we do it:
- Excellent Culture
- Compassion and Respect: Our team members and cardiologists make us great, and we know it!
- Employee recognition and appreciation
- Excellent retention of residents, cardiologists, technical and administrative team.
- Outstanding reputation: 99.9% of clients would recommend us to friends and family
- Volunteer time
- Independently owned
- We are run by and for our team. Your voice, opinions, and ideas are of utmost importance in our continued improvement.
- Work-life balance
- 4-day or less work weeks with weekends and holidays off
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Infrequent on call (phone support only) - max of 2 weeks per year, no holidays!
- Ample vacation time and coverage so you can truly be gone and relax!
- Independently owned
- Personal and Professional Support
- Diverse practice with cardiologists from varying background
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Strength in numbers - over 21,000 visits/year, 18 cardiologists, 6 residents, 14 locations
- Collaboration with residents, other cardiologists, specialists and primary care veterinarians
- Ability to be involved in interventional procedures if you want, or not if you don’t
- Ability to train residents for those interested
- State of the art equipment, systems and processes selected by our cardiologists to fit their needs.
- Compensation and benefits
- High production base salary and production compensation, well above industry
- Generous and competitive signing/relocation bonus
- Great Benefits: Health, HRA, FSA, Dental, Vision, Long term disability, 401K, Life Insurance, CE, Professional Allowance and more
Nationwide Opportunities for Board-Certified or Board-Eligible Cardiologists
CVCA is expanding our team of cardiologists to new markets throughout the U.S.
We are bringing our exceptional work environment and high level of cardiac care to new regions.
We are currently seeking cardiologists for:
- Towson, Maryland
- Montgomery County, Maryland
- Fairfax County, Virginia
- Austin, Texas
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Houston, Texas
- Additional sites in California and North and South Carolina
- Wherever you want to be!
Don't see your desired location listed? Contact us for other nationwide opportunities. We seek individuals who deliver exceptional medical care and service and who desire to be part of a values-driven organization with an outstanding culture. Our national expansion is people driven, and we are happy to match the right person with the right location.
Who We Are
From our humble beginnings as a single location in a strip mall in 1987, our dedication to a high level of care and service has allowed us to grow into the nation’s largest veterinary cardiology group with 18 board-certified cardiologists and six residents in 14 locations. We pride ourselves in ensuring an excellent quality of life to all team members. We work every day to maintain our exceptional reputation nationwide. We are independently owned, meaning you work directly with ownership and the senior management team. We work with each doctor to ensure their success encourage collaboration and seek new ideas to improve the company.
Culture and Work Environment
Our culture is unsurpassed in the veterinary industry. Every member of CVCA is committed to offering optimal patient care and superior service to our referring veterinarians and associated departments. Our focus is on excellence, continuous improvement, and fun. CVCA is a values-driven organization committed to an exceptional work environment with all team members dedicated to personal and organizational development. Our doctors enjoy four day or less work weeks, ample vacation time, and shared on call to minimize disruptions in personal activities. All of CVCA’s residents have chosen to remain with the company as associates. Our exceptional culture has allowed us to retain all of our doctors throughout our long history.
Collaborative, Expert Care
Our group of 18 board-certified cardiologists and 6 residents allows for a team approach to complicated cases and ample time off to support interests outside of veterinary medicine. CVCA is an ACVIM approved residency training program. We strive to maintain academic standards with weekly journal and case rounds as well as didactic instruction of our residents. All 14 CVCA sites are located within a multidisciplinary specialty and emergency practices, allowing for collaborative and optimal care of patients with the support of board-certified criticalists, oncologists, internists, surgeons, neurologists, and ophthalmologists among other specialists. The expertise of our cardiologists is supported by Philips Epiq 5 echocardiography units, cath lab, and digital radiography.
Relationships with Referral Community and Clients
With a 30 year history of strong partnerships with primary care veterinarians, CVCA enjoys an exceptional culture of referral. Our clientele is committed to offering the highest level of care to their pets. CVCA actively contributes to our communities through educational programs, volunteer efforts, and support of local organizations. Our leadership and marketing teams partner with each doctor to ensure their success.
Come learn more!
We would love to speak with you more about CVCA and have you out for a visit to the practices. Please contact our CEO, Katie Brooks, at email@example.com or 703-283-3650 to learn more. Confidentiality is assured.
Our people love it here. Come see why!
More from our team members:
“A wonderful, caring and dedicated group of people.”
“I love how we all work together to give the best customer service possible, as well as having the freedom to run the day of appointments and be able to do your own workflow.”
“I love the fun atmosphere and the camaraderie that is seen at CVCA.”
“One thing that I truly LOVE about CVCA is the never-ending support that comes from the entire CVCA team.”
“I think what I love most about CVCA is the respect for equality in all areas of our positions, as well as the dedication from admin and staff to uphold our core values. Of all the positions I have held, my role here at CVCA makes me feel validated, important and overall proud of what I do every day.”
Learn More About CVCA:
Social media @cvcavets
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Friendly, fun, great sense of humor
- DVM/VMD or equivalent degree
- Residency trained in veterinary cardiology with board eligibility or certification
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to form and maintain strong collaborative relationships with primary care veterinarians and specialists
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Ability to work well within a team
Apply for Time for a change? Practice cardiology your way.
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly