Oncology Associate Veterinarian
Pet Emergency and Specialty Center of Marin located in beautiful San Rafael, CA is looking for an Oncology Associate Veterinarian to join our established 24/7, growing practice. This is a unique opportunity for an associate veterinarian with an interest in Oncology to work in our multi-specialty practice.
The Oncology Associate Veterinarian (OAV) is a doctor that practices exclusively in oncology and expands the care offered in our well-established service. The OAV partners with our board-certified Oncologist providing continuity of care for existing oncology patients and their owners. The OAV is a valued, key care provider throughout patient treatment, follow-up and partnership with the referring Veterinarian
We are looking for a veterinarian with at least 2 years of general practice or emergency experience, or a specialty internship graduate. This is a full-time position (although part-time applicants may be considered).
We are proud to have a tenured staff at PESCM; it has allowed us to continue to work efficiently and provide excellent care to our clients and patients. Our relationships with our clients, referring veterinarian community, and our local humane society are of utmost importance to us.
This is a great opportunity for someone committed to the science of veterinary oncology and a passion for upholding the veterinary ethos.
More about PESCM:
- 12,000 square ft, state-of-the-art facility
- CT, endoscopy, ultrasound, and advanced point of service laboratory equipment
- Specialists in internal medicine, surgery, oncology and cardiology
- High quality RVT and assistant staff
- Competitive salary and full benefits package
- Central Marin location in San Rafael, just off the 580 and 101 freeways
- Amazing proximity to San Francisco, Napa Valley, the East Bay and Point Reyes National Seashore
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of California.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, diplomatic attitude.
- Provide client and patient care in close collaboration with our board-certified medical oncologists. Your ability to work collaboratively with these doctors and our experienced oncology staff is central to your success.
- Learn our chemotherapy protocols, management, and safety so that you can oversee the ongoing treatment of patients.
- Oversee anesthesia for patients undergoing diagnostic imaging with the support of registered veterinary technicians.
- Establish a good rapport with referring veterinarians, including timely professional and respectful communication; assistance in their professional growth and education through recommendations and interaction on referred and shared cases; ongoing development of a positive and professional working relationship; participation in Continuing Education involving the referral community.
- Assist in the development and training of the Technician, Assistant, and Client Care teams to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Assist with marketing the services through a variety of outreach programs, some of which include making hospital visits to referring veterinarians, assisting with local CE meetings, answering calls from referring veterinarians promptly, helping with production of hospital newsletters and case reports.
Schedule: Clinical schedule is limited to Monday-Friday during standard office hours.
We are ideally located for a great quality of life. Our team enjoys everything from the culture of the city of San Francisco to the wine country, the breathtaking coast, and unlimited opportunities for outdoor activities: biking, swimming, hiking, sailing, etc.
- Excellent compensation
- Signing bonus
- Health insurance
- Generous CE
- Vacation pay
Mission Statement: Our mission is to serve pets and people by continually pushing to improve our medicine, our service, our communication, and ourselves. We can accomplish this by working as a team, supporting our referring veterinarians, caring about every patient, learning from others, embracing change, and using intelligent and fair business practices.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to: Jill Taylor, JTaylor@ethosvet.com
Apply for Oncology Associate Veterinarian
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly