Specialty Medical Director
VCA Great Lakes Veterinary Specialists is looking for a Specialty Medical Director to join our growing 24-hour specialty and emergency practice in Cleveland.
Come join us as we provide high quality medical care in our 15,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility. The building has 11 exam rooms, 3 surgical suites, an 8 slice CT, MRI next door, multiple O2 cages, incubators & ultrasounds, an endoscopy tower, and dedicated rooms for both chemotherapy and I-131 treatments. A beautiful building with excellent equipment means nothing without the accompanying staff. The hospital has an experienced team of technicians and assistants, and a very collegial atmosphere.
VCA Great Lakes is located in Warrensville Heights, a beautiful suburb of Cleveland. Called The Land by locals, Clevelanders describe themselves as a city of underdogs, innovators, creative weirdos and pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps types. The city is very affordable, with many real estate options and a high quality of life. The very popular Cleveland Metroparks is an extensive system of nature preserves encompassing over 21,000 acres, including over 70 miles of the Emerald Necklace Trails. This provides more hiking, mountain biking, sledding, fishing, nature trails and skiing than one can do in a lifetime. Farmers markets abound, beautiful historic neighborhoods like Shaker Heights are very accessible, and the city’s diverse entertainment options will keep you busy.
The Medical Director position is full time with ample time off for professional and personal development. This is an excellent opportunity for any clinician to advance thier career and work at a specialty level to which you were trained as well as move your career on to the next step of professional development.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.