Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center (VSEC), a BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a full time boarded or residency trained Veterinarian - Oncologist to join our large legacy multi-specialty and emergency hospital. We are looking to expand our current oncology department due to the high caseload and growth of the service. Collegial collaboration with specialists in all disciplines is a daily occurance.Description
Our Philadelphia hospital has more than 30 veterinarians on staff, offering a strong collaborative atmosphere with specialist consultations on a regular basis. We work in close partnership with VSEC's Levittown hospital, which is a Level 1 Certified facility, the highest level of certification, awarded by the Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society.
We have board-certified clinicians boarded in anesthesiology, cardiology, clinical pathology, dentistry & oral surgery, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, emergency & critical care, internal medicine, neurology/neurosurgery, oncology, ophthalmology, radiation oncology and surgery.
Philadelphia is a magnificent, historic city. The Declaration of Independence was signed there, and it briefly served as the nation's capital! It has 4 major professional sports teams, miles of trails for hiking, biking and other outdoor activities, and a strong artistic and cultural environment. Philadelphia is also home to a vibrant, diverse nightlife scene with countless restaurants and fantastic options for vegetarians and all foodies.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.