Specialty Medical Director
VCA Regional Institute for Vet Emergencies and Referrals (VCA RIVER) is a fast-paced, AAHA-accredited, 24-hour emergency/specialty referral practice in Chattanooga, TN. We are currently seeking a Specialty Medical Director to join our growing hospital! This is an outstanding opportunity to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like an owner would, but without the risks of ownership. Additionally, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
The Medical Director (MD) under direction of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in the hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. The Medical Director should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director.
Our multi-specialty group includes Critical Care, Surgery, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, a full time physical therapist for Rehab services and three rotating interns. This type of collaboration makes for a rich and rewarding environment where patient care can be optimized and learning is continuous.
Our large, AAHA accredited facility is 10,000 sq. ft. with 6 exam rooms and 2 surgery suites. We are equipped with 64-slice CT, MRI, digital fluoroscopy, and both rigid and flexible endoscopy. The physical therapy department has an underwater treadmill and K laser. We also boast the only hyperbaric chamber in the area.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, leadership abilities, an energetic attitude, and an interest in teaching—as well as empathy, compassion and enthusiasm for helping clients and patients alike.
VCA RIVER is a large, 24-hour referral and emergency hospital located in scenic Chattanooga, nestled at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains, along the Tennessee River and an easy drive from Nashville to the north and Atlanta to the south. Recently named “The Best Town Ever” by Outside magazine, Chattanooga boasts abundant recreational, cultural, and entertainment activities.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Specialty Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly