VCA PetCare East Veterinary Hospital is seeking a 2nd board certified or residency trained Oncologist to join our team in beautiful Sonoma County, California. We are searching for someone who can integrate into a collaborative hospital that provides the highest quality of medicine while maintaining our focus on work-life balance.
VCA PetCare is a rapidly growing general, specialty and emergency practice with two facilities in Santa Rosa which is part of Sonoma County. The hospital itself is state-of-the-art, equipped with new endoscopic and laparoscopic capabilities, brand new GE ultrasound, 64-slice CT, and DR, and you would be joining an amazing team that consists of an Internist, 2 Surgeons, an Oncologist, as well as experienced general practitioners and emergency clinicians to handle our large primary and emergency caseload. PetCare also has the ability of being a teaching hospital that trains veterinary interns through their small animal rotating internship program each year. Our technical staff comprises a high ratio of experienced RVTs as well as experienced veterinary assistants.
With the creation of VCA’s Pet CancerCare Alliance™, you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
VCA PetCare East values its family like culture and places an emphasis on teamwork and collegiality. There are still parts of California yet to be discovered—and Santa Rosa is one such place: the happening hub for all there is to see, do, eat, drink, hike, bike, and explore in Sonoma County. Take a typical day….Have an amazing breakfast at a funky downtown coffee shop. Once you are fueled up, take a bike ride through a vineyard or the redwoods to the coast. Come back downtown to quench your thirst with one of our world-famous local beers, and dine on fresh, Sonoma-grown food or enjoy wine from one of our numerous world-renowned Sonoma County Wineries. Outdoor activities abound in this area – with picturesque wine country and rugged, beautiful beaches just a short drive away. Santa Rosa is a thriving community – with a proximity to the big city-life of San Francisco, while still maintaining a small town feeling. Santa Rosa is truly one of the most desirable places to live in California.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Oncologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly