VCA Metroplex Animal Hospital, the destination Hybrid Referral and Tertiary Care Center located in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, is looking to add a board certified or residency trained Internist to join our team.
Situated near the cities of Dallas (pop 1.2 million) and Fort Worth (pop 800,000), VCA Metroplex Animal Hospital provides primary care, referral services, specialty consults and 24/7 emergency service for an already large and actively growing group of clients and referring veterinarians.
VCA Metroplex Animal Hospital is a modern building with eight exam rooms, treatment area, two surgery suites, and a state of the art ICU with updated equipment. Our board certified ECC specialist collaborates and complements our General Practice and Emergency Doctor Teams. We possess In-house laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries/CBC’s (Abaxis chemistry system, IDEXX CBC), urinalysis and sediments, PCV, TP, in-house clotting times; critical values can be read with our NOVA analyzer. In house ECG’s can be run and interpreted and full ventilator care is available through our Criticalist. VCA Metroplex is equipped with a Storz endoscope for appropriate cases; also capable of performing arthroscopic, laparoscopic procedures and other minimally invasive processes through our Surgery department. We utilize the latest technology through Electronic Medical Records and our Sound Digital X-ray system; Superb, readable “films” in eight seconds. We also have advanced imaging with Fluoroscopy on-site. A variety of anesthetic items for balanced protocols await the ideal candidate, including Isoflurane/Sevoflurane anesthesia, Advanced cautery techniques with Ligasure technology, ultra-sonic dental equipment, excellent surgical monitoring capabilities including oscilloscope/defibrillator and pulse oximetry, ETCO2, temperature monitoring, and patient side thermal management. With our brand new GE Logiq 8 ultrasound machine, we are able to perform a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic items for our referring community. VCA Metroplex has a complete pharmacy on site –large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments. VCA Metroplex has a culture built on collaboration and mutual trust/respect for our colleagues and our clients as well as our referring community. We work hard to build our bond with every person coming through our door, and our support staff of over 60 people ensures that happens for our doctors each and every day.
The DFW Metroplex has been rated the No. 1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas and is conveniently located within a 4-hour flight to most North American destinations. The Dallas area is also home to 18 Fortune 500 companies, the largest urban arts district in the United States and will soon be home to a park 10 times the size of New York’s Central Park! In addition to all of the modern achievements Dallas has made, our Western heritage still abounds in our everyday life, which can be seen throughout Fort Worth, where the West begins! Whether it’s luxury shopping, catching a sports game, diving into our vast culture of art, or finding a unique place to call home, Dallas/Fort Worth has something to offer to everyone.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.