Specialty Medical Director
VCA Veterinary Specialists of Northern Colorado is seeking Specialty Medical Director to lead and complement the team at our AAHA-accredited, 24-hour emergency/specialty referral practice in beautiful Loveland, Colorado.
Our hospital features specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery (soft tissue, oncologic, and orthopedic), Neurology and Neurosurgery, Oncology, Physical Rehabilitation, and 24/7 emergency services.
The medical team and support staff at VSNC are a friendly, cohesive unit that works together to provide compassionate client service and impeccable patient care. VSNC is equipped with a 24 hour-a-day doctor and nursing staff, digital radiography, ultrasound, flexible and rigid video endoscopy, laparoscopy, on-site MRI and CT scan, and in-house and external laboratory capabilities to provide the medical team the technologic tools they require to obtain timely diagnoses and provide high-quality medical care.
The Medical Director (MD) under direction and collaboration of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. An MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director.
Loveland is nestled in a lush valley at the entrance to the Big Thompson Canyon and is known as the "gateway to the Rockies." Dotted in and around the city and surrounding areas are an abundance of scenic lakes, parks, trails and recreational areas. Loveland's lakes, rivers and streams provide for swimming, water skiing, rafting, boating, fishing and other water sports. Loveland's mountains provide ample opportunities for amazing hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
Whether you are an art lover, foodie, outdoor enthusiast, love to shop or just want to get away, Loveland is the ideal location in the heart of northern Colorado for all your adventures.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
The base salary range for this position is $180 - $210k (to include base salary, +/- production, stipend, potential bonuses) and is negotiable based on a candidate's experience, credentials, skillset, education, and other factors.