Specialty Medical Director
VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital is looking for Specialty Medical Director to join our AAHA accredited 24-hour multispecialty referral practice in Denver, Colorado. We have a dedicated referral base and a collaborative work environment with highly trained and compassionate support staff. Our close-knit and collaborative specialists consists of surgery, cardiology, dermatology, neurology, oncology, internal medicine, critical care, radiology and rehabilitation. We value a team approach with a mutual goal to be the premier hospital for emergency and specialty care, by providing the best in medical quality, a personal and inclusive environment and exceptional client experiences.
Our hospital offers advanced imaging including 64 slice CT with 3D imaging and 1.5T MRI 7 days a week, rigid and flexible endoscopy, laproscopy, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, digital radiology, full in-house laboratory and we are in the process of building our own in-house blood bank. We have hospital-wide patient rounds every morning and didactic rounds for the interns M-F to allow for optimal teaching and a cohesive transfer of cases to ensure best patient care.
The Medical Director (MD) under direction and collaboration of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. An MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director.
Come to a city where you can see mountains for miles, explore many outdoor activities, and cultural events. Red Rocks Amphitheater for a great concern, the best hiking you could ask for, skiing/snowboarding, and beautiful seasons in an exceptionally pet friendly place.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
The base salary range for this position is $230k-$350k (to include base salary, +/- production, stipend, potential bonuses) and is negotiable based on a candidate's experience, credentials, skillset, education, and other factors.
Apply for Specialty Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly