VCA Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic, one of the largest private specialty referral practice in Northern California, is seeking a residency trained or board certified Internal Medicine Specialists to join our expanding team of specialists.
VCA Loomis Basin is an AAHA accredited, 40 doctor, 24-hour Specialty/General Practice/Emergency hospital located in the picturesque foothills of California. This is an opportunity to practice at a successful and reputable VCA hospital in one of the most desirable areas in California.
The hospital recently opened a brand new ICU and a state-of-the-art surgery facility including five exam rooms, four fully-equipped surgery suites, equipment cleaning and prep rooms, and spacious pre- and post-op areas. VCA Loomis Basin has specialists in internal medicine, critical care, surgery, soon to be oncology and cardiology – along with a part time behaviorist. Radiologists are on site Monday through Saturday. With our thriving General Practice service – we are ready to welcome another member of our medical team to help provide exceptional veterinary care to the Loomis and surrounding communities.
Our facility provides a dynamic working environment with a stellar support staff, including a skilled team of licensed and unlicensed technicians, dedicated technician assistants, attentive doctors’ assistants, and helpful client service representatives. We have all of the latest diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring equipment needed to support the specialty services, including a CT, digital radiography, scoping capabilities (endoscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy), electronic medical records, Class IV therapy laser, and more. In addition, VCA Loomis Basin has a strong internship program, and all of our doctors play an integral role in their education and clinical development.
Loomis is located in Northern California at the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The area abounds with recreational and cultural opportunities and is within an easy drive to ski resorts, trails for hiking, mountain bike or horseback riding, lakes and rivers, and the cities of Sacramento and San Francisco.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.