Specialty Medical Director
VCA Valley Animal Medical Center Emergency Hospital is an AAHA-accredited, 24-hour emergency and referral practice in Indio, California is looking for an experienced Specialty Medical Director to lead our team!
We're looking for someone who exudes leadership, team spirit and a passion for exceptional medicine.
VCA Valley Animal Medical Center is a 15-doctor well established emergency/hybrid hospital who has been in the community for over 20 years. We strive to provide superb client service and the highest quality medicine.
Our 10,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility boasts a team of approximately 65 team members, all dedicated to our mission “Where Your Pets Health is our Top Priority and Excellent Service is our Goal”. We have a collaborative, team approach to medicine and a great client and referral base.
VCA Valley is located in Indio, CA about two hours east of Los Angeles, set in the picturesque Coachella Valley. Indio boasts spectacular panoramas with distant foothills, soft blue skies, year round sun and easy access to phenomenal golf courses, polo, tennis and amazing hiking. Known as the “City of Festivals”, Indio has annual festivals that celebrate everything from hot air ballooning, local arts to music. A few noteworthy events include the Coachella Music Festival, Stagecoach Music Festival to name a few. Neighboring cities include Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert; all known for their beauty and interesting and eclectic events. The Coachella Valley of 2020 is a vibrant and exciting place to live year-round for both the young and senior.
Living in Southern California does not have to include sitting for hours in traffic and a prohibitive housing market! Discover the fabulous lifestyle that the Coachella Valley has to offer you and your family.
In addition to our Emergency Clinicians, we have specialists in Surgery, Ophthalmology, Oncology and, daily Radiology consultations in the hospital as well as via telemedicine, have access to outpatient ultrasound. Our beautiful 10,000 sq. ft. facility is fully equipped with: CT Scanner, continuous EKG monitoring, Doppler BP, ultrasound, endoscopy (gastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, rhinoscopy, and cystoscopy), laparoscopy, and digital radiography.
The Medical Director (MD) under direction of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. A MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Specialty Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly