VCA SouthPaws Veterinary Specialists and Emergency, a multi-specialty and emergency hospital in Northern Virginia, is seeking a board certified or residency trained fourth Medical Oncologist to join Drs. Sarah Sheafor, Brendan Boostrom and Daniela Korec in our busy Oncology department.
VCA Southpaws has been serving our community for 24 years. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and collegial work environment. In addition to excellent pay and a full benefits package, SouthPaws also offers:
• An established caseload and reputation for multimodality, full-service diagnostic and therapeutic oncology services.
• Full time Surgery, Internal medicine, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Critical Care, Dermatology, and Physical Therapy specialists to help provide patient care and support.
• Dedicated and trained oncology nursing staff and client care coordinator.
• New Halycon Linear Accelerator.
• I-131 therapy for cats.
• A total of 24 exam rooms.
• New USP 797 and 800 compliant chemotherapy preparation and administration room. A special procedures room for quick biopsies, etc.
• 3D Spiral CT, digital radiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and MRI all available in-house.
• Rapid in-house lab machines (CBC, chemistry, electrolyte, coag monitors and more) for quick service to outpatients and inpatients. In-house Antech lab as well!
• Opportunities to teach and mentor with our active internship program, as well as frequent vet student externs, and RDVM continuing education programs.
• 24/7/365 support from our CritiCare Department to facilitate overnight/weekend patient care, urgent referrals, and critical care patient needs.
VCA SouthPaws is located in Fairfax County, Virginia—offering outstanding quality of life for singles as well as families, including public schools that are ranked among the best in the country and numerous, prestigious universities nearby. In addition to an educated, affluent population, our area enjoys a strong economy and offers varied career opportunities for spouses. The DC area provides exciting and vibrant nightlife, trend-setting restaurants, and cultural, historical and international events unique to the nation’s capital. With four distinct seasons and a varied geography, our region offers the best of all worlds: Hiking, golfing, rafting, water skiing, sailing, beaches, rock climbing and many other activities are just a short drive away.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Oncologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly