Internal Medicine Specialist, VCA Canada Vancouver Animal Emergency & Referral Hospital
Internal Medicine Specialist - VCA Canada Vancouver Animal Emergency & Referral Hospital is hiring a full time, Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialist to join our dedicated pet health care team. Come work and play in one of the most beautiful cities in the world!
Join us in providing state of the art veterinary care This hospital is well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, fluoroscopy, CT and MRI imaging, radiation therapy, on-site diagnostic laboratory, and advanced monitoring equipment.
Our Intensive Care Unit will enable us to provide patient support and pain and anesthesia case consultations for all internal cases, as well as critical case care on a referral basis. As part of the new facility, the West Coast Cancer Treatment Centre will utilize the latest innovations in veterinary diagnostics and treatment, housing MRI, CT and LINAC modalities.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be a part of a new and growing referral hospital and would like to work with a dedicated and motivated team to bring this new vision to life in Vancouver, we would love to talk to you.
VCA Canada offers a variety of opportunities for career growth and continuing education within our extensive network of hospitals. We are passionate about giving back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry. Additionally, we offer competitive wages, pet and veterinary discounts and group benefits for full-time staff.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- Completed a formal residency program in internal medicine and are either Board Certified or eligible to take the certifying examination in Internal Medicine.
- A valid Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, enabling practice in Canada
- A positive and collegial personality, strong communication skills, and enjoy interacting with other specialists and emergency doctors
- Excellent diagnostic skills and a passion for patient care
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
Why VCA CANADA? VCA Canada is the largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to caring for life’s greatest companions by providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 3,000 associates operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people – people we think of as family. Our different strengths and interests enrich and improve us with diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we are national leaders in career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.