VCA Family & Oahu Veterinary Specialty Center —one of our premier 24-hour Emergency, GP and Specialty practices, located on the beautiful Hawaiian island of Oahu in Pearl City—is currently seeking a board certified or residency trained Internal Medicine Specialist to join our team. We have a thriving, busy internal medicine service and are looking for the perfect candidate to help us continue delivering excellent veterinary services to our hospital and the surrounding community.
The hospital started off as a GP, then a 24-hour emergency practice, which has since grown into a well-respected specialty and referral center over the last few years. Our hospital includes 14 exam rooms, 3 surgical suites, separate dental suite and a designated ICU. There is also an ultrasound room and endoscopy suite. Today, we are a team of 19 doctors (including specialists in surgery, internal medicine and ophthalmology), who pride ourselves on our collaborative approach to patient care. The hospital is equipped with a 64-slice CT scanner, digital radiography, endoscopic and laparoscopic/arthroscopic equipment, Logic 10 ultrasound machine for the internists, O2 cage, telemetry, C-arm, along with in-house lab equipment and plenty of multi-parameter monitors.
Appropriate candidates for this position should be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, team players and ready to join a fast-paced, friendly group of professionals. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate.
You would be hard pressed to find a more beautiful part of the country. Just minutes from Honolulu, Pearl City has easy access to secluded tropical beaches, snorkeling at the well-known Hanauma Bay, world-renowned golfing, deep-sea fishing, and stunning hiking and mountain biking. On Oahu, you are guaranteed unsurpassed beauty, tropical views and cultural infusion. The historic and cultural attractions are plentiful and unmatched by the other islands.
This is a specialist’s dream job: an established reputable hospital with a strong, loyal referral base in a beautiful building with state-of-the-art equipment. It has multiple specialties, a 24-hour ER service, complimented by a large, dedicated and highly skilled technical support team. We provide a comprehensive benefits package, support in building and growing your service, and the stability that is inherent in a company like VCA.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Internist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly