Internist or Oncologist - Northeast Ohio
Small Animal Internal Medicine or Oncology Specialist
If you have been reading internist or oncologist opportunities, you have noticed that they all sound very similar. Here is a comparable list of facts about our practice, hospital and surrounding community:
- Akron Veterinary Internal Medicine and Oncology Practice (AVIMP) operates out of a long-established referral hospital, Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital, located in Akron, Ohio. Our second location in Cleveland, Ohio will be opening in the summer of 2021. Our hospitals draw caseload from a population of 2-3 million and a referral base of several hundred veterinarians.
- AVIMP presently consists of two boarded internists, three boarded oncologists, two residency trained internists and one internal medicine resident.
- Within Metropolitan Veterinary Referral Hospital, there is a team approach mentality with four surgeons, one neurologist, two cardiologists, one ophthalmologist, and a avian/exotic specialists. For the past 53 years, Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital has proudly supported a general small animal and medicine internship program (typically has 8 rotating small animal interns). We also commonly have residents and interns in other specialties including surgery, neurology, cardiology, and avian/exotics.
- Our two modern facilities are are both over 26,000 square foot buildings with in house CT and MRI. Other available diagnostic and treatment technologies include: video endoscopy with laser capabilities, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, I 131 therapy, as well as, an on-site referral laboratory provided by IDEXX.
- The AVIMP benefit package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 401K plan w/ 4% matching
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Professional Memberships
- License Fees
- CE Reimbursement
- 8 weeks maternity leave or 4 weeks paternity leave
- The Akron and Cleveland area offers the best attributes of urban and rural settings. The region offers world-class medical facilities, regional and national centers for the arts, top-notch entertainment and professional sports. The area is also surrounded by an extensive array of scenic parks, including Cuyahoga Valley National Park and Lake Erie, one of the largest fresh water lakes in the world. Northeast Ohio offers all of this at a cost-of-living well below that of other major metropolitan areas across the country. The area is surrounded by several wonderful communities and townships, which have several excellent school districts ranked in the top 100 in Ohio.
What you are likely asking yourself is what makes Akron Veterinary Internal Medicine and Oncology Practice different? We are offering a tremendous ownership buy-in opportunity for a boarded internist or oncologist. We know you may have many questions about this exciting opportunity and hope you will contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Greg Chambers, DVM, DACVIM (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
Apply for Internist or Oncologist - Northeast Ohio
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly