Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - Companion Animal Medicine
- Be at the forefront of Veterinary Sciences in the Tropics
- No after hours, weekend work or public holidays required
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals
We offer an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Companion Animal Medicine ($94,056 - $131,287) to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). This full-time, continuing appointment is based at our veterinary teaching hospital at the JCU Townsville, Bebegu Yumba campus, Douglas.
What you can accomplish in the Role
Working primarily in our Veterinary Emergency Centre and Hospital located on the JCU campus you will have the opportunity work with a wide range of state-of-the-art diagnostic, monitoring and therapeutic equipment.
Your contribution to the teaching of small animal internal medicine to both under and post-graduate students coupled with the provision of high-quality clinical services and mentorship of other veterinarians will be highly valued in this challenging and varied role. Your input to further developing our veterinary science curriculum and expanding our research program in this specialist field will be paramount to your success.
What you will bring to the Role
With an enthusiasm and passion for Veterinary science, you will hold a bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Science or equivalent and be eligible for registration in Queensland. With strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as a member of a cohesive, like-minded teaching and clinical team you will thrive in a dynamic environment. Your formal training in small animal internal medicine and a strong interest in, and experience with, clinical teaching will see you excel in this interesting and rewarding role educating the Vets of the future.
Why Townsville and JCU
Bordered by the Coral Sea, the Wet Tropics and the Outback, the Townsville region has a vibrant natural landscape, rich Indigenous history, beautifully preserved Federation architecture, a smattering of islands just off its coast, and a vibrant, progressive dining scene. JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment and prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities
- on-campus cafés, gym, pool and childcare
- Re-location assistance is negotiable
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to apply
Visit the Careers JCU website – vacancy reference 17389