VCA Animal Specialty Group is seeking a board certified or board-eligible Internist to join our 24-hour emergency and specialty referral practice located in beautiful San Diego, CA.
We feature a newly remodeled, 12,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility, along with an accomplished and well-trained team dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service. We are proud of our cohesive and collaborative staff and value a team environment. We have been serving San Diego County and the surrounding areas for over forty years.
We offer Internal Medicine, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Oncology, Ophthalmology and Surgery Specialties as well as Emergency and Critical Care services.
Our specialized equipment includes but is not limited to:
- New Ultrasound Machine-GE-Sound
- Karl Storz Endoscopy & Laparoscopic System
- Rigid & Flexible Scopes
- Infinity Medical Stents
- Nova/Abaxis In House Lab Equipment
- In house Blood for Transfusions
- Radiologist in house once a week
- C-T Toshiba – 16 slice
- MRI (1.5 tesla, deep tissue)
We believe in our staff and support their ongoing growth and offer a progressive and cutting edge internship program. We would expect any Specialist joining the team to participate in their education and hopefully also become a mentor for future growth and development.
San Diego County comes with an impressive skyline, desert landscapes, scenic hikes and coastal views to rival Big Sur. A boardriders paradise, this southern corner of California has 175 miles of surf-able coastline and dozens of neighborhoods – all with their own personalities, laid-back locals and perfect weather. It’s literally always 70-something degrees, at any time of year. Craft beer and Mexican food is not just an experience in San Diego, it’s a lifestyle. You won’t be turned away for wearing flip flops, boardies or leggings almost anywhere. Spend your days immersed in farmers’ markets and floral gardens, go on a whale watching boat trip or learn something at one of some of the city's 90+ museums. There's even an enormous inland city lagoon – perfect for paddle boarding and cycling around. San Diego has it all.
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Internist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly