BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Midvale, UT, is seeking a full-time boarded or residency-trained veterinarian in Oncology to join our collaborative and cohesive team. Our team is growing, and we want you to be a part of it! We currently offer emergency care, as well as specialty services in Dentistry, Dermatology, and Ophthalmology. If the fact that our hospital is located just minutes away from some of the most beautiful hiking and skiing in the United States doesn't seal the deal for you, maybe our hiring incentives will! We look forward to welcoming you to our family in Midvale. Sign on bonus is available for qualified clinicians!Description
OurBluePearlhospital in Midvale serves all of Salt Lake City and the WasatchFront. The15,000-square-foot hospital,which opened in May 2012, featuresdedicatedoperating suites, an intensive care unit and more. It is fully equipped for diagnostic and medical techniques including ultrasound(cardiac (GE), fast, abdominal (GE and Philips)),endoscopy, CT scanning and many others. Our state-of-the-art equipment includes twoStorz scope towers, two digital radiology suites for dedicated purposes, and easy accessibility to MRI (3 Tesla).
BluePearl-Midvale exceeds state standards in ensuring that technicians are leveled and trained internally and assigned to appropriate duties. In addition, our hospital actively promotes VTS education whenever possible.We match staff with clinician and department needs to promote individual growth, and we maintain an abundance of support staff to satisfy the needs of all our clinicians.
There are plenty of fun things to do in the Salt Lake City area! Utah touts the "best snow on earth" and receives about 500 inches of snow annually. There are eight national parks within a day trip, and world-class Olympic ski venues are a mere 20 minutes away. Year-round outdoor activities, in addition to skiing, include hiking, biking, fishing, snowboarding, backpacking, rock-climbing, boating, camping and hunting, making it a top city for active families to live in.Animal loversin Utah can flock to Hogle Zoo and Tracy Aviary. Visitors and residents also enjoy the Utah Symphony, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Utah Opera Company, Ballet West, and Utah Festival Opera.Sundance Film Festival,the largest independent film festival in the United States, is held in Park City, Utah, every January.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.