Hope Veterinary Specialists, a BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Malvern, PA, is seeking a THIRD full-time or part-time board-certified Cardiologist to join our growing practice. Our new facility opened in 2013 and our rapidly growing caseload necessitates the addition of a third cardiologist to continue to provide the highest level of care for our patients. Our cardiologists enjoy a flexible work week. A busy and growing caseload allows for professional success while our hospital culture prioritizes a work life balance that supports personal time outside of the hospital. Description
Our ideal candidate will possess the qualities that allow them to provide excellent clinical care while working closely with our technical staff to elevate their level of knowledge and skills. Our practice is comprised of small animal board-certified specialists in nearly every discipline of veterinary medicine (anesthesiology and pain management, acupuncture, cardiology, dermatology, dental and oral surgery, emergency and critical care medicine, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, radiology and diagnostic imaging, radiation oncology and surgery) and the diverse caseload from both our emergency service and other internal departments provides a stimulating, fast-paced environment for any radiologist in addition to providing 24-hour coverage for hospitalized cases.
In addition to direct medical care, the successful candidate must be able to provide education for our technical staff to raise their level of patient care. The focus on education extends to our referring community as well. We are involved in continuing education opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally and we would expect the Cardiologist to take an active role.
Hope Veterinary Specialists is unique in the culture we have built. We value teamwork and a strong work ethic but strive to provide a work-life balance. We feel that a cohesive work environment fosters a healthy and strong community of doctors and support staff. We also believe in extending our culture through community outreach through the support of public events and charities in our area. Our 21,000 sq ft. practice includes a 16-slice CT, dedicated ICU, fluoroscopy for interventional radiology and cardiology procedures, in-house laboratory (CBC/Chemistry/NOVA, PT/PTT), endoscopy, ECG, digital radiology and ultrasound and minimally invasive surgery capability. Our cardiology ultrasound units include a GE E9 cardiology specific ultrasound unit and a GE Vivid-i as a back-up or travelling unit. On-site MRI and radiation oncology services, including a veterinary Cyberknife, is located adjacent to our building.Skills and Qualifications:
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) from an AVMA accredited school, eligible to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Pennsylvania
• Preferably board-certified in Cardiology, but board-eligible will be considered Job Responsibilities
• Days: 4 days per week. Monday to Friday, workdays flexible within the five-day work week
• Ability to effectively and actively educate our staff in Cardiology
• Active marketing of the hospital including referring veterinarian outreach, CE lectures, participation in hospital publications and newsletters
• Ability to effectively manage a diverse, complex, and fast-paced caseload
• Proficiency in teaching and hands-on learning necessitating the qualified individual be comfortable and excel in the various styles of communication
Should you be interested in Hope Veterinary Specialists, you will not be disappointed as we have a vibrant, young, enthusiastic, and growing practice with a wonderful culture of cooperation and comradery.
For more information on the position, apply now or you can send an email to Dr. Alison Cornell at firstname.lastname@example.org.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.