VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center of Westbury is seeking a second veterinary Oncologist to join our 24-hour emergency/critical care and specialty referral practice.
We are Trauma Level 1 Certified, indicating our resources and ability to provide sophisticated emergent and critical patient care. We offer multiple advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities such as MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy, multiple scoping capabilities, ultrasound, etc. We have specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Emergency & Critical Care, Neurology, and Oncology.
With the creation of VCA’s Pet CancerCare Alliance™, you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
Long Island is a great place to live and work. It has all the charms of a rural community, the support network of the suburbs, and the perks of being a short drive to Manhattan. Close to the beaches, close to nature, and close to the city. In addition to major and minor sporting events, just about any outdoor activity can be had here, from hiking/biking/horseback riding to boating/fishing/swimming to apple & pumpkin picking! Long Islands communities are very diverse- if you are looking for a small town, a large town, a close nit village or an apartment complex with amenities you will have no problem finding a place to suite your wants and needs.
Collaboration is the hallmark of our culture at VREC Westbury, and our doctors consult with each other throughout the day to ensure that each patient has access to whatever care is needed. It’s also the foundation of our commitment to delivering excellent service to our clients and referring veterinarians. We are invested in development and growth and preferred candidates should enjoy learning new things while being able to teach interns, technicians, rDVMs and the community.
The hospital team meets frequently and your ideas and suggestions are encouraged to help us continue to grow. Our team takes pride in fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect and recognition while being adaptable, goal driven and engaged. We are a very busy hospital with a heavy case load but we like to have fun at work- don’t be surprised to find the Medical Director setting up a scavenger hunt and the manager firing up the grill in the backyard. Be prepared for some friendly competition and a lot of laughs during our annual Spirit Week event.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a collaborative network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Oncologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly