Internist - $250,000 salary + Generous Signing Bonus
VCA Great Lakes Veterinary Specialists, a 24-hour specialty practice and pillar of the Cleveland veterinary referral community for over 25 years, is currently looking for an Internist to join our growing practice.
Originally founded as a single doctor practice, Great Lakes eventually grew to a small collection of specialists. It ultimately became a 24-hour ER facility and in November of 2013 moved to a custom designed 15,000 square foot facility and solidified its reputation as one of the premier specialty hospitals in Ohio.
The 2013 move into the massive, state-of-the-art, gorgeous facility finally enabled the multiple specialists to work in a beautiful surrounding while simultaneously enabling them to offer additional services. The building has 15 exam rooms, 4 surgical suites, an 8 slice CT, MRI access, multiple O2 cages, incubators & ultrasounds, a endoscopy tower and dedicated rooms for both chemotherapy and radiation iodine treatments. A beautiful building with excellent equipment means nothing without the accompanying staff. The hospital currently employs ER Doctors, interns and specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Ophthalmology and Critical Care. Along with our doctors the hospital also has a very established and experienced support staff including many licensed technicians. We have a very collegial and collaborative team approach to treating all of our patients.
VCA Great Lakes is located in a beautiful suburb of Cleveland with all the perks and benefits of living close to everything. Cleveland is known for its trendy restaurants, internationally recognized arts community, for its cosmopolitan attitudes, its multiple professional sports team and is becoming increasingly well known for its growing outdoor scene. Over the last few years the city has created the MetroParks Network, an extensive system of nature preserves encompassing over 21,000 acres including over 70 miles of what is known as the Emerald Necklace Trails. It provides more hiking, mountain biking, sledding, fishing, nature trails & centers and skiing than one can do in a lifetime. The city is very affordable enabling purchases of very large homes and a very high quality of life. It also boasts two unmatched health care systems (Cleveland Clinic and Metro Health) which creates an environment filled with other professionals like yourself. Farmers markets abound, beautiful neighborhoods, like Shaker Heights, with their historical homes are very accessible and the city’s familial neighborhood feel is overwhelming.
This opportunity is one that should seriously be considered. Positions at well established, busy, multi-discipline practices in a brand-spanking-new, drop-dead gorgeous building with an exceptional and plentiful staff do not become available every day. Add to that the fact that this is an actively growing practice, that it has all brand new equipment and the stability and strength of a network like VCA and this opportunity becomes even more unique. Throw in the fact that its located in an amazing city with tremendous outdoor activities as well as its big city appeal and you find yourself hard pressed to find an equivalent opportunity elsewhere.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Internist - $250,000 salary + Generous Signing Bonus
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly