VCA South Shore Animal Hospital (Weymouth) —nestled along the coastline just 30 minutes south of Boston, Massachusetts—is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internist to join our 24-hour emergency/specialty/general practice hospital.
For more than 45 years, we have been caring for pets in the Norfolk County area. Our 28,000 square foot, state of the art hospital is beautiful and inviting, with a diverse and stimulating caseload. The strong relationship between our emergency and specialty departments allows us to care for complex surgical and medical cases in a 24-hour setting, providing comprehensive care. VCA South Shore also boasts a strong internship program and a talented, caring support staff.
Passion to teach is a must! VCA South Shore is a teaching hospital with 9 rotating interns, 2 specialty interns in ZooMED and surgery and is committed to outstanding service and education. The candidate will take an active role in clinical and didactic teaching of professional students and interns, as well as continuing education for our local veterinary community. Opportunity for participation in clinically relevant research projects is available.
The VCA South Shore Animal Hospital is a referral center, primary care facility and teaching hospital with 24-hour emergency service. We have a staff of over 30 veterinarians with specialists in internal medicine, surgery, emergency and critical care, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, oncology, radiology, dermatology, avian & exotic, behavior and rehabilitation/integrative medicine.
Weymouth is a mature, strongly residential suburb located just south of Boston. The community is nicely situated for easy access to Cape Cod and the Greater Boston area. Three MBTA commuter rail stations provide quick transportation into the city. Weymouth’s popular recreation areas include Legion Field, George Lane Beach, and Webb Memorial State Park. Its thoroughfares feature an assortment of restaurants and small shopping plazas, while its village centers are home to an eclectic mix of local stores. Families continue to be attracted to Weymouth for its diverse housing options, convenient transportation, premier health care facilities, and fine system of parks and open spaces.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Internist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly