Specialty Medical Director
VCA ASEC (Animal Specialty & Emergency Center) is looking for a Medical Director to lead our diverse team and growing specialty hospital. We are a well-established referral hospital with one of the largest and most experienced veterinary specialty groups in Southern California.
We pride ourselves on nurturing a strong team mentality in a cooperative work environment with a positive work-life balance as our goal. Our specialists are supported by an excellent, highly-qualified technical staff, a fantastic, hard-working client service team, and boarded specialists in surgery, internal medicine, emergency/critical care, cardiology, oncology, and radiology. ASEC maintains thriving internship programs, both rotating and specialty, and we feel fortunate that our interns often rejoin us as residents or senior doctors. Standout applicants for the position will also have a desire to embrace the teaching aspects of our resident and intern programs.
The Medical Director (MD) under direction of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. An MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director.
Our hospital is located in beautiful West Los Angeles! You would be minutes away from wonderful hiking trails and beaches, and only an hour and a half from skiing or snowboarding in the mountains. As one of the largest, most dynamic, and most culturally diverse cities in the United States, L.A. and the surrounding area is an amazing place to live and work. If you’re thinking about relocating but don’t know much about our lovely area, the L.A. experience is such that there are neighborhoods to fit any lifestyle, all in one place. Team ASEC will welcome you with open arms and make you feel like you belong from day one. Come join us! We look forward to getting to know you.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.