VCA Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center of Kalamazoo is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internal Medicine Specialist to join our comprehensive 24-hour emergency and specialty practice.
Our hospital offers extensive emergency services and we have a boarded certified Surgeon and Criticalist. We are looking to grow our referral services by adding additional specialties. We see a variety of exotic patients, but experience with exotics is not required. Our hospital is equipped with in house laboratory, digital radiography, CT, ultrasound, and oxygen cages. Our support team is comprised of skilled and experienced LVT's and Assistants that can anticipate your needs.
Situated halfway between Chicago and Detroit, Kalamazoo is an ideal location full of locally sourced restaurants, breweries, and festivals. You can ride your bike from downtown Kalamazoo to Lake Michigan, along the 35-mile Kal-Haven trail. For your four-legged friends, Kalamazoo offers multiple off-leash parks and pet friendly restaurants. The City also offers an assortment of cultural attractions that you might only expect to find in larger metropolitan areas including music, visual art, dance, and theatre. Kalamazoo offers outstanding educational scholarships for all children attending public school in the community. The Kalamazoo Promise https://www.kalamazoopromise.com provides free or highly subsidized tuition to many Michigan colleges and universities.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Internist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly