VCA Veterinary Specialists of the Valley is seeking to add a board certified or residency trained Oncologist to our talented team serving the San Fernando Valley of northern Los Angeles. This position would be a second oncologist in our thriving practice.
VCA Veterinary Specialists of the Valley (VSV) offers a full complement of specialty services in virtually all veterinary disciplines including Cardiology, Emergency and Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, and Surgery. We have a strong group of emergency doctors, and the collaborative atmosphere in our practice ensures that every patient receives the highest quality and most comprehensive veterinary care available anywhere. Our practice is proud to be recognized as a VECCS Level II facility and an ACVECC Level III Veterinary Trauma Center, as well as being AAHA accredited.
Practicing your best medicine is easy in our well-equipped hospital, with both MRI and CT, full endoscopy capabilities, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, digital radiographs, and full in house lab capabilities. A strong and stable staff supports our doctors. The oncology technicians are very experienced so a new veterinarian can hit the ground running with a ratio of three techs per doctor.
With the creation of VCA’s Pet CancerCare Alliance™, you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
Our practice is located in the Woodland Hills neighborhood, which borders the Santa Monica Mountains. Our great location is just 30 minutes to the famous beaches of Malibu, 15 minutes to the trails at Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve, and a few hours to get on the ski slopes. On Ventura Boulevard there are lively bars and gastropubs with delicious food and live music, making Woodland Hills a unique, vibrant destination in the Valley. One can choose from a variety of places to live, with affordable housing and great schools both available in the area.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Oncologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly