VCA Orange County Veterinary Specialists is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internist to join our 24-hour emergency and specialty center in Orange County, California.
We are proud of our collaborative campus encompassing all specialties in veterinary medicine including Medicine, Surgery, Cardiology, Critical Care, Oncology, Neurology, Radiation Oncology, Dermatology, Dentistry, and Ophthalmology. The two-story 7,500 square foot practice is completely remodeled and boasts all the imaginable bells and whistles. The hospital fosters a relaxed and collegial atmosphere with a large support staff including registered veterinary technicians and VTS boarded technicians.
The spacious facility at VCA OCVS meets the needs of all of its specialists with two surgical suites, a large treatment and triage room, digital radiology, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, endoscopy, 6 examination rooms, a newly remodeled lobby and conference area. We are equipped to provide high quality intensive care and monitoring. Supportive care capabilities include mechanical ventilation, oxygen therapy (Snyder cages and nasal oxygen), transfusion therapy, advanced fluid support/fluid therapy. Intensive care monitoring capabilities include continuous telemetry, recently upgraded pulse oximetry, capnography, CVP monitoring, direct and indirect blood pressure monitoring, and intra-abdominal pressure monitoring. We offer extensive in-house laboratory capabilities such as co-oximetry, blood gas and electrolytes (Nova and i-STAT), colloid osmometry, CBC, coagulation profiles and chemistry profiles. Advanced imaging (CT, MRI and scintigraphy) is available next door.
In addition to the opportunity to work in an established multi-specialty practice, the position at VCA OCVS offers the opportunity to live in one of the loveliest regions in the country. Amazing beaches are a short 20 minute drive to the west while the mountains, skiing and desert are a 1-2 hour drive to the east. VCA OCVS is situated between Los Angeles and San Diego with numerous activities and areas to explore. Get in the car and soon enough you’ll be in LA with its big city culture or avoid the car altogether and enjoy the open space and outdoor activities that the OC has to offer.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Internist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly