VCA Encina Veterinary Medical Center is seeking a board certified or residency trained Oncologist to join our 12 doctor hybrid GP/Specialty/Emergency team in beautiful Walnut Creek, CA. Located just 30 minutes east of the San Francisco Bay, we are proud to be the veterinary referral center of choice in our community for nearly 200 local veterinarians.
Check out this video tour of VCA Encina: https://vimeo.com/525047491/73a800bdba
After our remodel is complete our oncology service will have all of the latest updated equipment and will be USP 800 compliant. Our RVTs are exceptionally well-trained with 15+ years of combined experience and with a focus in oncology. With our 24-hour staffed facility, your patients will have supportive care available without the need to refer to an outside hospital. Located within the 9,000 sq. ft. hospital is a CT unit, scoping equipment and a dedicated ultrasound suite.
At VCA Encina Veterinary Medical Center, you will be supported by our experienced Hospital Manager and our Medical Director, a collaborative and collegial group of doctors (including a board-certified internist, oncologist, and surgeon), and additional support staff who assist and guide clients through their pet’s medical journey. VCA Encina also has a thriving intern program that trains an average of 6 interns per year and provides opportunities to participate in VCA’s Clinical Studies Program.
With the creation of VCA’s Pet CancerCare Alliance™, you can be a part of a unique brain trust of over 65 veterinary oncologists and a network of over 35 Pet CancerCare Centers across North America. Our Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists work together to bring advanced treatments, technology and education to all veterinarians by providing collaborative care, research, clinical trials and leadership to help ensure that pets are living their best possible lives.
The Walnut Creek region has an ideal year-round climate with numerous recreational options, including hiking, mountain biking, water sports, skiing, wine tasting, and camping. We are within a half day's travel to Lake Tahoe, Sonoma, or the Napa Valley. Walnut Creek is a large, metropolitan city with several surrounding bustling neighborhoods. There are many world-class restaurants, fun outdoor cafes, microbreweries and theaters to visit.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.