VCA MidWest Veterinary Referral & Emergency Center is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internist to join our growing, AAHA accredited, multi-doctor, specialty and emergency practice.
Our hospital has nationally, and internationally, recognized board-certified specialists in disciplines including Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Neurology and Surgery. We also have independent contractors in Cardiology and Diagnostic Imaging. All members of this team believe in frequent collaboration in order to provide stellar patient care and our Emergency Department operates around the clock.
The spacious hospital features 12 exam rooms, four operating theatres, a dedicated ICU, separate GI and respiratory isolation wards, supplementary step-down unit, comprehensive in-house laboratory equipment, ultrasonography, video rigid and flexible endoscopy, laparoscopy, arthroscopy, digital radiography, and on-site CT and MRI.
Omaha is a progressive and vibrant metropolitan area that is future-focused but firmly rooted in a heritage of hard work and hospitality. The greater Omaha region boasts a combined population of more than 925,000, and the community’s most prized assets are the people who help it grow and prosper. Omaha boasts a diverse economy supported by several industries and influenced by its geographical location on the Missouri River that earned the city its historical title of “Gateway to the West.” There are eleven colleges and universities among Omaha's higher education institutions, including the University of Nebraska at Omaha and Creighton University. Omaha was #25 on Forbes Best Places for Business and Careers, and has a cost of living 9.7% below the national average.
Nebraska isn’t just a fly-over state – it’s the Heartland’s hidden gem! In most places around the world, people may find it a bit strange if someone on the street or at the store strikes up a conversation with them while they’re going about their daily business. In Nebraska this isn’t the case! The epitome of Midwestern friendliness, a Nebraskan can walk into a room and instantly become friends with everyone. Nebraska Cornhuskers football is basically a state religion. On game day, Memorial Stadium in Lincoln becomes the third largest city in Nebraska with over 90,000 cheering fans. The Cornhuskers have been one of the most dedicated fan bases for over half a century and it should come as no surprise a baby Cornhusker’s first words are usually “Go Big Red!”
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
Apply for Internist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly