VCA Veterinary Specialists of Connecticut is looking for a board certified or residency trained Cardiologist to join our unique team and help develop our Cardiology service. Our team of general practice doctors, specialists, and emergency doctors value a collaborative approach, providing our clients and patients quality medicine and customer service in a compassionate environment. Our hospital appreciates a culture of teamwork and offers formal communication training to all our doctors.
Over the past 30 years, VCA VSCT has built a solid reputation as a hospital offering state of the art care, with a genuine passion for pets. Our broad spectrum of services includes specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesia, and Critical Care, along with MRI capabilities, and a dedicated physical therapy facility.
Our hospital is in West Hartford, Connecticut, a flourishing suburb just outside Connecticut’s capital. West Hartford is a short two hours from Boston, New York City, the Berkshires, Vermont ski slopes, and coastal Rhode Island. Often praised as one of the best small towns in America, West Hartford has a downtown, called The Center, to make most other towns green with envy. The Center and its recent extension, Blue Back Square, are made for walking and brim with one-off shops and hip international restaurants. The town also benefits from abundant green space, including the genteel Elizabeth Park, the trails at West Hartford Reservoir, and the education center at Westmoor Park.
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. For additional information, click here: https://www.vcacareers.com/about-us.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Ali Lagasse, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-815-7623.