Veterinary Medical Director - Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care Center
Are you an experienced Specialty Veterinarian or Emergency Veterinarian that’s looking for a dynamic leadership role, as Medical Director of a thriving Specialty/ER hospital? We have a generous Signing Bonus for the right Veterinarian to lead the team!
At Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care Center, we strive to provide the highest quality and most compassionate care available. We are a comprehensive team of board-certified Veterinary Specialists, Emergency Doctors, Interns, highly trained Veterinary Technicians, Assistants, and Client Service Representatives all dedicated to animals in need of advanced medical expertise. The hospital is filled with a team of collaborative specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Oncology, Diagnostic Imaging, Ophthalmology, as well as a strong and mature ER service.
Doctors are supported by an amazing group of dedicated technicians, client care coordinators, and management team with many years of veterinary medicine experience.
We're fortunate to have...
- A busy location with appreciative clients
- An educated and compassionate support team, and
- Amazing benefits and growth opportunities
Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care Center has joined forces with Pathway Vet Alliance to support our clinicians while allowing our hospital to maintain our own individual culture and to practice medicine that makes sense for our clinicians and patients. Together as a team, our doctors decide how we practice and are welcome to develop and/or update medical protocols for our hospital.
The Medical Director is a working part of the team, and in this role we seek:
- Excellent diagnostic capabilities
- Compassionate individual, dedicated to client and patient care
- Outstanding referring veterinarian communicator
- Soft tissue surgical skill set are a plus
- Partnership with the Practice Manager and Support office on recruiting, interviewing and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans and disciplinary action
- Collaboration with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies
- Scheduling for the doctor team and to assist leads with their team schedules if needed
- A person to plan & lead regular doctor team meetings
- Attendance in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required)
- Commitment to core values and coaching of other team members as well
- High emotional intelligence, and comfort delivering regular performance evaluations for doctors and leadership team
Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Critical Care Center is part of Pathway Vet Alliance and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Veterinary Incentive Plan (VIP)
- Generous $50k Signing Bonus!
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
We are located in Largo, Florida; we are just 15 minutes from the most beautiful beaches in Florida. Our area has all the desired conveniences, as well as world class entertainment, professional sports (football, baseball, and hockey), boating, fishing, and 2 airports within convenient driving distance. The Tampa Bay area provides all of the fun of larger cities without the high cost of living or congestion.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
For more information about this exciting opportunity, contact Jennifer Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Pathway, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.