MedVet is seeking a Cardiologist
(board-certified or residency trained) to join this very active specialty within our Akron, OH hospital. We are seeking an individual that is team oriented and has excellent communication skills with fellow colleagues, clients, and the referral community. Our Cardiologists have the benefit of state-of-the-art imaging, cath lab equipment and telemetry along with fully dedicated and well-trained technicians and medical leaders who understand what they need to provide best practice. Why join the team at MedVet Akron?
Everything Starts with Our Caregivers
- MedVet Akron offers 24/7 Emergency services along with specialty services in Anesthesiology & Analgesia, Internal Medicine, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Oncology, Rehabilitation & Acupuncture, and Surgery.
- We're a VECCS Level II Emergency Facility.
- In 2021, we upgraded our space, and we continue to grow and remodel with an expansion that will double the size of our hospital.
- You'll find the equipment, technology, and team support you need to deliver exceptional patient care. This includes a MRI, CT, an on-site board-certified radiologist and a Hospitalist.
- For more information about MedVet Akron, check out our digital magazine to learn more about what it means to be a part of the team that is Leading Specialty Healthcare for
Why will you love living in Akron?
- Our doctors are eligible to become shareholders - a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet & VEI hospitals across the country.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus , Competitive Compensation, Shareholder Opportunity, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave.
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Our collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on trust, respect, communication, and empathy.
Akron is in northeastern Ohio and serves up the perfect combination of city life with the community-oriented feel typical of a smaller town. You will find a city rich in culture and sports, vibrant art, beautiful parks, several lakes, picturesque trails and hikes, and numerous outdoor activities, including skiing in winter. You'll love easy access to Cuyahoga Valley National Park, one of the Top 12 most visited parks in the U.S. For foodies, you'll be able to taste local flavors to five-star dining. You'll also find great school districts and an affordable cost of living. For more information about MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet.com
or to submit a confidential CV
, email Carolyn Luther, DVM at Carolyn.Luther@MedVet.com
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers
. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you! Come as you are.
MedVet is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all team members. You can count on us to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members and applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.