Medical Director at Phoenix Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center in Arizona
Phoenix Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center is seeking a Medical Director to lead a dedicated and driven team of specialists, ER veterinarians and support staff.
Our specialties include surgery, cardiology, radiology, and internal medicine and we have an experienced team of emergency veterinarians. We enjoy working in our 11,500 square foot, beautifully remodeled facility in Paradise Valley. Our focus is on compassionate patient care and unparalleled customer service.
Qualities & Qualifications of our Ideal Candidate:
- Diplomat of any specialty or an experienced emergency veterinarian with a strong leadership track record
- Leads with a positive, resilient attitude and effectively coaches the same in others
- Enjoys problem solving; takes a diplomatic approach
- Communicates effectively and compassionately with clients, staff and referring veterinarians
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Regional Manager of Operations, Chief Medical Officer and Hospital Manager to develop a vision and goals for the future of the hospital and a plan to achieve those goals
- Work closely with Hospital Manager to make day-to-day management decisions. Set policies such as record keeping, controlled drug handling, infection control, etc.
- Collaborate with DVM and technical leadership team to set policies, oversee and give directives regarding medical standards and quality of care for specialty and emergency services
- Maintain a clinical role as a specialist or an emergency clinician (ample administrative time will be provided)
- Spearhead the development and maintenance of interdepartmental communication systems and protocols to improve handling of patients between departments (transfers, after hour consults/services and rounds)
- Conduct regular, effective hospital meetings
- Review patient records for completeness and accuracy and use as a tool to promote medical excellence and conduct periodic morbidity and mortality rounds
- Manage veterinarian (internal and external), client and board complaints; recommend resolutions. Provide routine staff coaching on conflict resolution.
- Coordinate relief and employee doctor coverage with Hospital Manager to ensure the hospital has coverage at all times.
- Monitor DVM performance and production, provide coaching, when appropriate, in combination with support from the Regional Manager and Chief Medical Officer
- Network with other Medical Directors in the PetVet Network.
- Take a lead role in interviewing and onboarding veterinary candidates. Ensure the process allows for success for new veterinarians in the practice. Routinely encourage relief and employee referrals from current employees
- Help identify and plan for upcoming challenges in maintaining hospital operations (upcoming maternity leaves, loss of a specialist) and assist with identification of possible temporary solutions (locum)
- Ensure that there is an ongoing outreach to local veterinarians through periodic continuing education offered by the doctors at PVRE.
- Collaborate with Intern Coordinator and Practice manager to facilitate a successful rotating internship program, clinical rotations with The University of Arizona and Midwestern veterinary schools.
Phoenix is the 5th most populous city in the US and the metro area is known as the Valley of the Sun, receiving the most sunshine of any major city on earth. While the mostly flat city is surrounded by irrigated farmlands, it is also encircled by mountain ranges, providing unlimited outdoor activities. Phoenix is home to dozens of museums and many cultural options including symphony, opera, ballet, and art. In addition, Phoenix hosts professional football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer teams!
- Investment opportunity in one of the largest veterinary practice management groups in the U.S.
- Base salary and production rate commensurate with experience and specialty
- Competitive Medical Director stipend
- High-quality, full benefits package
- Complete relocation reimbursement
For a confidential conversation about this Opportunity with PetVet Care Centers’ Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President, please contact Dr. Meredith Robbins at email@example.com or apply here.
Apply for Medical Director at Phoenix Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center in Arizona
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly